Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Another option is REAL cruise control. I had the BrakeAway for many years and it did everything I wanted it to, except keep speed during elevation changes. It wasn't a big deal when I was on solo trips, but riding in a group always kept me adjusting it to keep up. If you can find the AudioVox CCS-100 (usually through eBay), and seeing as we all have some extra time on our hands, it's worth the investment IMO. I do, however, miss the BrakeAway when I just need to quickly take my hand off the throttle to adjust/check something, but I can accomplish the same thing with the cruise for just a few seconds more before it's engaaged.

This is the write-up I followed for the most part. I have an LED brake light, so I had to wire in an extra relay on the rear brake circuit to "trick" the system to turn off when the brakes are applied. And you do have to fab up some type of bracket for the control pad...my holder is a custom piece that was built in limited quantities many years ago.

the audiovox. units I installed a few hundred of them.. years ago.

·
Registered
828 Posts
If your are a tight ass this one might be for you. I will stcik with my Break Away.
I have something similar. Coat hanger. The plastic department store type with a metal hook work best. Break the metal out of the plastic, bend the hook to fit your grip, I put some tape around the straight end as it is going to rest on the brake lever when”activated”. I put a small zip tie to put some tension on the hook. Works great and cost me nothing.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I have something similar. Coat hanger. The plastic department store type with a metal hook work best. Break the metal out of the plastic, bend the hook to fit your grip, I put some tape around the straight end as it is going to rest on the brake lever when”activated”. I put a small zip tie to put some tension on the hook. Works great and cost me nothing.

View attachment 170881

View attachment 170882

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.
And it is already CHROME ! Great creativity 🍻 👍

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey 10ring 18 responses ,582 views..as of right now....what did u get ...inquiring minds would like to know...

Haven't done anything yet. The plan was to visit family in Phoenix area mid April. We decided to delay the trip because of the Virus situation. Practicing social distancing at the moment, and bored stiff. Bah humbug

21 - 24 of 24 Posts