Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone .I would like to install a throttle lock on my 1300c. Right now I"m looking at madcorider cam lock. has anyone used this product and doe"s it work well? I'll take opinions on any other types also. thanks ,davey

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi, I installed the Vista throttle lock on mine, it works good to Me. I had to modifiy the Rubber insert that came with it to work with the ISO grips. Cost about 30 bucks and took about 10 mins to install.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Brake away cruise control is the best in my opinion. It's a little expensive, but well worth it. It's made really well and releases when you hit the brake. If you're in a panic brake situation, that can be really nice.

Kfox

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I have the camlock and absolutely love it. It is one of the best mods I have done. I installed it while installing my ISO grips. It looks like it came from the factory. :pepper1:

·
Registered
222 Posts
+1 for the Madco camlock. Absolutely a great product. Very well made. Looks great on the bike. I also put it on when upgrading to ISO grips

·
Registered
196 Posts
Kfox said:
Brake away cruise control is the best in my opinion. It's a little expensive, but well worth it. It's made really well and releases when you hit the brake. If you're in a panic brake situation, that can be really nice.

Kfox
Ditto this, plus it blends in well with your throttle grips. Most people that see's it don't realize that its there.

·
Registered
459 Posts
davey said:
hi everyone .I would like to install a throttle lock on my 1300c. Right now I"m looking at madcorider cam lock. has anyone used this product and doe"s it work well? I'll take opinions on any other types also. thanks ,davey
Yes I have had mine for two years now and love it. I feel a great product and works for what I use it for which is hand relief on occasion. You can adjust the lock tension to your liking, some like it real tight so it does not move or some like it where you can increase a tad when needed.
You wont be disappointed.

Thomas

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just installed a Madco cam-lock earlier this summer, it is a nice product and it does work and look nice, and was pretty easy to instal, but having done it, I wish I would have done the "cruise-control-for-under-$100" mod instead, that way I could maintain a constant speed over hilly roads, which I ride over more than I thought I did!

·
Registered
358 Posts
jscranton said:
+1 for the Madco camlock. Absolutely a great product. Very well made. Looks great on the bike. I also put it on when upgrading to ISO grips
+2 for Madco cam-lock. Excellent product, very simple design. Some are under the impression it locks the grip so hard you can't move it. This isnt true, just holds enough to keep it from sliding back. Your thumb flips the lever to release, which is a very natural reflex. Highly recommend it. Nice guy on the phone, a pleasure to deal with. Did mine when installing the iso grips and installed a throttle boss while I was at it. You'll like it.
M.

G

·
I was just thinking I needed a throttle lock after i put on 900 miles in two days. :wink:

Can somone supply where to get the Madco Cam lock?

Hey Bush, where is this info on the "under a 100 dollar" cruise control?

·
Registered
693 Posts
+3 on the madco.

I love it. The brake away may be nicer, I don't know. But for $100 more, I don't think it's worth it. They say it does release if you hit the brake though. But the madco lock doesn't lock the throttle in place so tight that you can't throttle down in an emergency. It has an adjustment you can use to tighten or loosen as you see fit. This you can do after the install as often as you like.

http://www.madcorider.com/

Be sure to look at all the options. The cam-lock is the one I got, not the cock and lock.

It's a good time to switch grips as well. Make sure you do that at the same time.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I have the madco, love the product, and great people to deal with.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
wassup8687 said:
I have the camlock and absolutely love it. It is one of the best mods I have done. I installed it while installing my ISO grips. It looks like it came from the factory. :pepper1:
Same here. Works great.

Eddie

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the madco throttle lock also. I installed it right before out SS1000 trip last October. We rode 1100 miles in 20 hours. The throttle lock sure helped during those long hours in the saddle. Great folks to deal with as well.

-Gary

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
davey said:
Works Great, Looks like Stock. You have to remove the grip and reglue it.

WORD OF WARNING. Once you have it installed DO NOT PULL ON THE RIGHT GRIP TO GET YOUR X UP ON A LIFT. YOU WILL BREAK OFF THE INNER PLASTIC SLEEVE WHERE THE EXTENSION SCREWS IN. THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO REPLACE THE INNER THROTTLE SLEEVE. PAIN IN THE ARSE.

Other than that I've got 18,000 complaint free miles with my madcorider.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.