Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k what's with this screw? I was cleaning and tightening on the X yesterday when I noticed my 5 year old voraciously turning a screw driver opposite me. Well SHE was turning the throttle stop screw. On the way into work after the engine had warmed and settled down a bit it would barely stay running at idle has to be down to 300 or 400 RPM.

I can just turn the screw back to the right?????right :cry:

·
Registered
17 Posts
throttle stop screw

RIGHT... ABOUT TIL;L 800 RPM OR SO

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

I figured as much. Thanks...
at least I have hopes for my 5 year old mechanic she is starting before I did.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I'll take the idle being out of adjustment anyday if it means my little girl is spending time with me.. :D It's a small price to pay :wink: Of course, my one year old just walks around and chews on my wrenches right now, and helps me polish of course 8) 8)

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Kids are a lot of help!? My daughter (5 at the time) walked through the kitchen on the way to the garage, since she had just come in I asked what she was doing. She said she just had to use the bathroom, but she was "working on your motorcycle with the hammer" Naturally I ran to the garage expecting the worst. Luckily she was "working" on my dirt bike so no damage was done. Needless to say we had a little talk and now she doesn't work on things unless Dad say's it's OK.

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
black hills said:
Kids are a lot of help!? My daughter (5 at the time) walked through the kitchen on the way to the garage, since she had just come in I asked what she was doing. She said she just had to use the bathroom, but she was "working on your motorcycle with the hammer" Naturally I ran to the garage expecting the worst. Luckily she was "working" on my dirt bike so no damage was done. Needless to say we had a little talk and now she doesn't work on things unless Dad say's it's OK.
This made me laugh out loud, glad your bike wasn't hurt! Kids are so funny... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
idle up????

Left or right? Made a couple turns and it didn't change much.

When I caught her turning the screw I had no idea where it was before so I adjusted it to the center. Which way adjusts the idle up. It runs fine when I first crank up but when it settles down it will barely stay running.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
It runs fine until the wax valve cycles out of the picture then you're all on idle. I believe you need to turn it to the right (clockwise) to raise the idle, it will take several turns most likely. You might also look up in there and make sure it didn't come all the way out, I don't think it's a captive screw.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bet that is the case.

I bet it came out. I looked across at it but couldn't tell. Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts