Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we seem to have died over the last couple weeks! I have had a change in my work schedule, so I am out for Holt this weekend... BUT, April 28,29,30 and May 1st is the Thunder Beach Rally in Panama City Beach. I have been watching posts in Alabama and Georgia, and riders are coming down for the rally. How about us???? Chad, Kenny, Gary, Wayne, and everyone else.... Can we hook something up? I think I am doing day trips on Friday and Saturday... and the bike parade starts at 11:00am Saturday morning. I probably won't ride the parade but sure do want to see it. Let me know if you guys, or any lurkers out there from our area, want to meet one day and go in together. It's too close to home for most of us to miss a good sized event like this. Just let me know.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yes, I plan on going. Saturday sounds like a great day to do it. We can meet up (Crestview Wal-Mart??) and take off from there. Maybe early in the morning so we can make a day of it. I am looking forward to it. I am not sure about this weekend either. $25 is alittle steep. I would rather save my kitchen pass and $$$ for ThunderBeach. (Then again, I may just go to both) Let me know if anyone else has ideas. We can meet somewhere else if that is better for everyone. Maybe Niceville and ride HWY 20 over?? Let me know. I can't wait either. Maybe I can get my fork springs and clutch springs in this weekend.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a LARGE BP station about 100 yards south of the HWY 20/ US 231 intersection north of Panama City that is an easy in/ easy out spot for a meet. There is probably a better north-south drop point off HWY 20 that would eliminate some of the traffic east of the Hathaway Bridge... but I just don't know the area well enough to suggest anything. Somebody local, or experienced with the rally, jump in and suggest a meeting place that would be a better entry into the rally site. SHOW, let me know if you will use 20 or I-10 and I will probably roll west toward you and then double back in with the group... jus cuz I like to ride fast and loud with ya!! Hahahahahaha..........

·
Registered
566 Posts
I believe that my rocket will be traveling triple digits down HWY20. Kenny, do you want to meet there in Niceville somewhere? Anyone else need to meet up?

·
Registered
877 Posts
K-Mart Parking Lot? Give me a time. Hey Mike I know the BP station you are talking about. What time do you think you will be there?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Vtx meet

Hey riders there will be several rider meeting up AT Thunderbeach saturday at the pier across from miracal strip and alvin island store at noon hope to see you all there

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kenny, it is about 30 minutes from the house. I might go a little early and go west to meet up with you guys for a little ride back into PC. I promise to go slow til I hook up with you guys and then we can all go FAST. :D

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hey Chad, How does 8 am at the K Mart parking lot in Niceville sound?

:mcrider: :mcrider: :mcrider: :mcrider: :mcrider: :mcrider: :mcrider:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sounds good to me. I am really looking forward to this. I have made up business cards to give out to all the VTX riders out there. I am hoping to build up our numbers. We can meet up with those guys across from Alvins Island too. I am looking forward to this.

·
Registered
566 Posts
With the impending nasty weather; is anyone going to P City tomorrow? I would like to know before I head out. If no one else is going, I'm not riding through the thunderstorms either. Chime in please..........

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thuner Beach

Yep, it looks like it's really gonna be a "Thunder Beach" alright....weather channel says intense thunder storms are probable with a possibilty of an inch of rain or more....looks like no 'sickle ridin' for me today (sorry to "rain on your parade"! :lol: :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts