Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone,

We've been out of practice with our thrusday bike nights.
Anyone interested?

Usual tacos at the Oxford in Snohomish... or
Burgers at Jimy-Mac's in Renton....

Any feedback;
otherwise i'll just stop in at the Oxford and hope to see some folks there.

--Nate

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
:) Nate, where have you been??? We have tried several and made some. I haven't even seen you on the board? :shock: Anyway, this is the weekend of the big BBQ and campout over at the Pot holes area of E. Wa. Mardon II. We will be over there early in the week, practicing so I won't see you this week.... Come on ovEer!!! Ed&Leslie 8)

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
I might be able to make a thursday bike night this week.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Ok so this Oxford place, is it a Tavern? Also where is the meet up spot and what time?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like Oxford it is. I'll be there.

Ed, I've been around, but less so on the board; been working on my seat and then some. Otherwise I've been out riding whenever I could.

As for Mardon; unfortunately I already made plans for camping with friends. There's 10 adults, 2 kids; so 12 is a full boat. Otherwise i'd be there in a heart-beat!!!!!!!
I'll remember to check the board's schedule prior to any future trips.

Otherwise...

See Everyone at OXFORD.
I'll be there about 5:30 ish.

--Nate

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Dockboss, Chrome Magnon & RRRoberts - you guys up for a ride north to get some tacos at the Oxford? I could be ready by 4:00 PM to shoot north.

I'd need to leave around 7 or 7:30 to get home at a decent time.

Also, does someone have an address for the Oxford? If I head up there alone, I want to be sure I make it to the right place. :wink:

Dave~

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Am back in town and still on vacation till Friday. I'll be at the Ox around 7!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
shuterbg said:
Ok so this Oxford place, is it a Tavern? Also where is the meet up spot and what time?
Is there something wrong with a tavern :)

The main floor that we meet in is mostly family restaurant. There is a bar to one side. Downstairs is a bar. The Oxford is on the main street in old Snohomish. You cant miss it. There should be lots of bikes outside.

6 to 6:30 is around the normal meet time. As you can see some need to leave around 7. Some will showup around 7.

http://www.nwbikers.com/SPO_Oxford.html

Thanks
Randy The X Man
www.nwbikers.com

·
Registered
575 Posts
snohomish

Dave I might be intrested in a trip to snohomish im off thursday. I was going to do some chores then play in the boat. By four the lake will good and blown out so a ride sounds good. Your thinking about going the back way arn't you traffic will be a nightmare 405 and hwy 9 Jim

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Re: snohomish

dockboss said:
Dave I might be intrested in a trip to snohomish im off thursday. I was going to do some chores then play in the boat. By four the lake will good and blown out so a ride sounds good. Your thinking about going the back way arn't you traffic will be a nightmare 405 and hwy 9 Jim
Jim - yes, I was planning on going up the back-way. I realized, though, that I had told my wife I would watch the kids that night - she has a get-together with some friends planned. I am working on getting a sitter for the kiddos & will know for sure tonight. 8)

I'm still planning on the 4-4:30 PM departure time-frame. :wink:

Dave~

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
posnews said:
shuterbg said:
Is there something wrong with a tavern :)

The main floor that we meet in is mostly family restaurant. There is a bar to one side. Downstairs is a bar. The Oxford is on the main street in old Snohomish. You cant miss it. There should be lots of bikes outside.

6 to 6:30 is around the normal meet time. As you can see some need to leave around 7. Some will showup around 7.

http://www.nwbikers.com/SPO_Oxford.html

Thanks
Randy The X Man
www.nwbikers.com
I was just curious. Although I don't mind going into taverns now that there is no smoking. I am very sensative to smoke. I am sure I have seen it just been a long time since I have been around that area.
I get off work at 5pm then can head over there.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mon,

no worries, it's not smoky, especially inside.

typically,
it's usually worth the $1 taco night thursdays especially with the general atmosphere.

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Air is good, tacos are fine- just a bit noisy for my taste but will be there!

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
ledbetter80 said:
Mon,

no worries, it's not smoky, especially inside.

typically,
it's usually worth the $1 taco night thursdays especially with the general atmosphere.
I was only curious and weather it was a tavern or not wasn't going to change my mind about going. If its been there a long time I am sure it was a favorite of my uncles before he died.

OH I can afford $1 tacos!!!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
dockboss - one baby-sitter fell thru but I'm still working on it! :lol:

Got a couple of others I'll check with tomorrow. If I can't make it, I'll give you a call. My wife is really good about watching the munchkins for me so I can go ride & make the bike nights so she definitely deserves a "girls night out". :wink:

I really want to catch up with some of you northies & have some $1 tacos. Even a cheapskate like myself can't turn down $1 tacos. :lol: 8) :lol:

Sam - good to see you posting back up on the board & I'm glad you had a good trip. Looking forward to hearing some of your stories from the trip! :wink:

Dave~

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Thanks Dave; I'll probably be boring you guys/gals for some time with stories about 'the trip'. :lol:
Hope to see you Thursday- and the black bag was super!

·
Registered
446 Posts
bigd_74 said:
Dockboss, Chrome Magnon & RRRoberts - you guys up for a ride north to get some tacos at the Oxford?quote]

What, a guy is invisible for a couple of weeks and doesn’t get a shout out for a ride from his fellow southenders? Whatever :wink: . I may have the wife talked into this one. It’s about time I went to the north after so many of them have made the effort to come south. I am hoping we can meet for the ride up. I will keep you posted. Until then, ride safe.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts