Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the free membership to hrca when I got the bike time to renew,which should I go with, inquiring minds want to know. Thanks and have a safe one.

G

·
I currently have AMA, and I had HRCA. Cancelled the HRCA recently, and was planning to add Motow with AMA. However, I have AAA +RV (and have had for many, many years) and found out that they cover my MCs and my RV as well as my autos...so, I am going to have AAA +RV only, since that covers everything I own with wheels (except my riding lawn mower.)

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
My membership for Hrca is supposed to be up at end of month. Never recieved renewal policy but dont care any way as I am done with them.

Any body know the web site for the AMA.

·
Super Moderator
64,333 Posts
http://www.ama-cycle.org/

HRCA = A free Honda ad delivered to your door every other month. A cheap tool, and so-so roadside assistance

AMA = Government lobyists at the ready to help protect our rights to ride. A free riders magazine each month encompassing all makes of bikes and styles of riding. Add the MoTow and get roadside assistance for all your bikes

My vote, go AMA

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
HRCA will ONLY tow you to the nearest Honda dealer. AMA will tow you to where ever you want to go...including home if you are closer. I recently had a rear flat on the Valkyrie about 50 miles from home. It cost me an extra $42 to have the bike towed home beyond the 35 mile limit that AMA MoTow pays for. BUT had I stayed with HRCA it probably would have cost me $500+ to have a Honda dealer change my back tire just in labor as you have to take the Valk half apart to get to it. Hard bags, exhaust, bag frames all have to come off unless you know the "secret" :wink: .

Plus I know that the work was done right. So, if you do your own wrenching and if you want to have a choice of where you bike gets towed...AMA is the way to go IMO.

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I should have been more familiar with AMA but just back on a scoot after a long absence , thanks for the info and links I will join AMA today. Have a safe one.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I got both. I like the best of both worlds. Beside, it can't hurt.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anyone ever used AAA? I have the basic AAA for my cars, but for another $30, I can cover M/C towing, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts