Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
There is a holding screw on the inside of the pipe near the front of the baffle,you can see it if ya bend over and look. Once removed your prolly gonna have to pry on it a little with something.

Do a search on here, I know a couple of guys have made "special tools" just for that job!

I had no trouble removing mine after a month or so, to put in the quiet baffles.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Atadude - use to have a 1800c he posted w/pic a tool he came with to remove the baffel on V/H he visits this board but not very often maybe he will chime in on this! Sorry can't help more than this!

·
Registered
984 Posts
rockgt302 said:
1800 C/F bigshots. How do you get them out??
From some of the posts I've read, the heat shields have to be removed to get at the screws on some pipes. Some guys have drilled holes through the heat shields to avoid having to remove them in the future. The screws on mine are exposed and easy to remove.

There is a allen head screw on the outside of the pipe near the back end of the baffel that must be removed. Mine is facing towards the wheel. If you have tail pieces they must be removed also by removing another allen head screw. Mine are near the bottom at about 7 oclock.

You should be able to remove the baffels by reaching in and pulling them out. If not then you will have to get something to hook onto them and pull them out. I used a very stiff and strong piece of reinforcing wire, bent a very small hook on the end and hooked onto the baffel with it.

I found the allen head part of the screws tend to strip out very easy so when reassembling, I replaced the allen head screws with 1/4" X 1/2" stainess steel hex head bolts and blue locktite. The hex head bolts are hardly noticeable and make it much easier to remove them with the locktite on them.

Hope this helps.
Jack

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Now, how did you remember that? :eek:)

I don't have the pics any longer but Bare(ass) may still have it posted on his site.

J F Williams said:
Atadude - use to have a 1800c he posted w/pic a tool he came with to remove the baffel on V/H he visits this board but not very often maybe he will chime in on this! Sorry can't help more than this!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts