Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like everyone else, I wanted white walls but couldn't get them, so I ordered some Metzlers on the Memorial day sale and finally got around to having them put on my bike on Friday. I ususlly ride to my lake house on the weekends, so after having them put on, I headed to the lake.
The road I drive on is very heavily grooved and I always hated that my tires wanted to follow the grooves in the road. I run about 50 miles on it. The first thing that I noticed was that the Metzlers didn't follow the grooves like the Dunlops did. It was a much smoother ride on a crappy road.
I don't usually drag knees, or floorboards on the turns, so I can't vouch for the ride on the sides of the tires, but I can for running upright.
Just my unsolicited 2cents worth.

·
Registered
562 Posts
what are the chances you were running different pressures? I can't see how the tread on these two tires could make that much of a difference.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't understand it either. I always ran around 39 in the Dunnies. I think 36 is reccommended, but seemed to ride better with a little extra air. I need to check the Metzlers, but I think it was 39 also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts