·
Registered
102 Posts
33/33 unless two up then 33/36 rearnwith Dunlops

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
36 front, 38 back, original tires lasted past 13,000 miles. Had a little tread
left on the back, and lots on the front. Ride two up more than 50% of the time.

·
Registered
375 Posts
tires

jwhok has it 36 and 38 I have 14000 on rear will get new in about 2500 more miles. got new on front at 13000.
Don Hurd
D'Ray

·
Registered
102 Posts
Okay, have I lost my mind? Without digging the book out, I thought it states the presures at 33/36 for two up? Is there a reason to run with more air in the tires that I am missing?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I put a little extra air in mine to:

1. check the ride with two up
2. address lots of comments about cupping
3. get maximum mileage

Stopped by the Dunlop free tire inspection tent two years ago at the Honda
Hoot, and the tire Techs said it was perfectly fine. So I left them that way.
Only downfall is the ride is not quite as soft, but nothing that bothered either
me or my wife.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Doesn't it lessen the amount of tire in contact with the road? Do they handle the same in wet conditions?

·
Registered
759 Posts
i found with my "c" that 36 in front and 38 in rear handles better. when had service done yesterday they "corrected" my pressure to 33/36, guess i need to get my airpump out and correct thier correction :roll:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Im running 38/40 with no problems ,I ride 2-up 90% of the time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Are y'all running 404 or 555 Dunlops?

·
Registered
386 Posts
After reading a bunch of posts on this subject a while back, I decided to start running at 38/40 in the Dunlops on my '04 1300C.
No handling problems at all -- in fact, I like it better at the higher pressures.
I ride solo 95% of the time.

·
Registered
246 Posts
i've got the '04 retro (black) and i always run a little over honda #'s. i am 200# and like to scrape the running boards. replaced tires at 13.500 and didn't really have to yet (more tread on the sides!). i run high on the cages too and get lots and lots of miles from rubber. it is also better in the rain.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts