Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gang I have about 3000 miles on my new venoms and both front and back tire seem to have a cupping affect on the left side and only the left side ? could it be the bearings or something else? 2003 1800 c with 9700 miles . it's not real bad but you can feel it with your hand. both at 40psi
any info would help. Thanks
Terry

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
Plenty of posts on here about left side tire wear - it's a source of argument sometimes.

I believe in the theory that the crown of the road is on the left and left turns are longer than right turns. Most people that live near and ride twisties don't have so much trouble, but here in south La it's nothing but flat and straight so we tend to see more of this type of wear.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Bareass172 said:
Plenty of posts on here about left side tire wear - it's a source of argument sometimes.

I believe in the theory that the crown of the road is on the left and left turns are longer than right turns. Most people that live near and ride twisties don't have so much trouble, but here in south La it's nothing but flat and straight so we tend to see more of this type of wear.
To add a little bit: The crown will push you to the right side of the road and you are constantly leaning just slightly to the left compensate for this. You won’t even notice it while you are riding. With four wheels you can compensate for this in the alignment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts