Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of removing these after filling tires. Would you agree?
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074Z7ML5J?ref_=pe_2640190_261118450_302_E_DDE_dt_1&th=1[/ame]

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
If someone would make a small footstep, compressor attachment at 90 degrees instead of 45 degrees or whatever is being sold, we wouldn't need weird angled valves or valve attachments just to put air in a damn tire.

Yes, I have used those angled valves that you screw on and then screw off but have since went back to old style compressor attachment. The pot metal type with the little clip. Went back to the old style pressure gauge also. The one with the measuring stick in it. The pancake compressor I have is supposed to stop at a set pressure but that piece of crap doesn't work right either.

Sometimes the old ways are best and less frustrating.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I have used those angled valves that you screw on and then screw off but have since went back to old style compressor attachment. The pot metal type with the little clip. Went back to the old style pressure gauge also. The one with the measuring stick in it. The pancake compressor I have is supposed to stop at a set pressure but that piece of crap doesn't work right either.

Even with the angle attachment it was a pain in the butt. You needed a hand on the tire valve attachment for stability, the other trying to thread it, so two hands stretched out which blocked my view. Will try the longer attachment next time. Not changing tire valves until next tire change.

·
Old Goat
24,071 Posts
I have the kurvygirl valves on my older vtx and much easier. I think the added length of the attachment increased wobble.
U may already know this...but stems MAY work better pointing to right side of the bike (sitting on it) ....I wasn’t thinking when I installed mine same as stock position (pointing left)....:crying:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
U may already know this...but stems work better pointing to right side of the bike (sitting on it) ....I wasn’t thinking when I installed mine same as stock position (pointing left)....:crying:
On my 1800C with saddlebags I have them mounted pointing to the left as sitting on the bike. Exhaust is on the right and if I am on a trip and have to go someplace to put air in would probably burn yourself on the pipes. :shock: :surprise:

My .02

·
Old Goat
24,071 Posts
On my 1800C with saddlebags I have them mounted pointing to the left as sitting on the bike. Exhaust is on the right and if I am on a trip and have to go someplace to put air in would probably burn yourself on the pipes. :shock: :surprise:

My .02
LOL....I edited my post...u have a valid point...They were to the right on my GW liked it better....in my case bike leaning over is a pita...:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
If someone would make a small footstep, compressor attachment at 90 degrees instead of 45 degrees or whatever is being sold, we wouldn't need weird angled valves or valve attachments just to put air in a damn tire.

I use this type at home with a quick fitting threaded in:

It works great at home, but most gas stations don't have the same so next tire change I'm adding angled valve stems. No further worries.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I use this type at home with a quick fitting threaded in:

It works great at home, but most gas stations don't have the same so next tire change I'm adding angled valve stems. No further worries.
True.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I use this one. Unlike the curvy girl, it does not move, so you can get your gauge or chuck on it with only one hand.

Click picture for link:
[ame=https://www.amazon.com/Pevor-Aluminum-Motorcycle-Degree-Tubeless/dp/B076P5GL7M]
[/ame]

·
Old Goat
24,071 Posts
I use this one. Unlike the curvy girl, it does not move, so you can get your gauge or chuck on it with only one hand.
All the years Ive used the Kurvy gurl in my posted link they have never moved..if its moving something aint right...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts