Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
All the years Ive used the Kurvy gurl in my posted link they have never moved..if its moving something aint right...
Sorry, I may not have described what I meant by "moving" correctly. I mean that they do shift a bit as you push on them, so it helps to hold the valve stem as you put a chuck on it. I had them on the wheels when I got my bike, I made the switch the first time I had the tires off. When they were removed, I noticed little cracks in the rubber from dry rot.

The ones I posted are low profile, they do not move/shift at all as you push a chuck/gauge on it. So it is a little easier to use one handed. I had these on my last bike for 10+ years, the nut never backed off and never dry rotted.

·
Premium Member
6,586 Posts
Sorry, I may not have described what I meant by "moving" correctly. I mean that they do shift a bit as you push on them, so it helps to hold the valve stem as you put a chuck on it. I had them on the wheels when I got my bike, I made the switch the first time I had the tires off. When they were removed, I noticed little cracks in the rubber from dry rot.

The ones I posted are low profile, they do not move/shift at all as you push a chuck/gauge on it. So it is a little easier to use one handed. I had these on my last bike for 10+ years, the nut never backed off and never dry rotted.
Looking to buy the same. Did you put Loctite or anything on the backing nut or just install it and forget it?

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Looking to buy the same. Did you put Loctite or anything on the backing nut or just install it and forget it?
I thought about the shorter ones....but since I’m old and thick finger opted for the little taller...FYI.....I used blue locktite on mine...and once again mine dont shift,wobble or jump up and down...rock friggin solid ...:thumbup:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts