Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Bridgestones G851 & G850 and I am only 3000 mi into them and I will need to replace tires soon. I will do darkside on rear with out question but what wears longer in the front? I do race in the mountains. The stock tires seem to have lasted longer but maybe I'm riding harder.

Thank God for a New Year! Rob

·
Registered
777 Posts
Wow, that is quick. You must definately ride the twisties hard. I'm feel'n a little better about getting 7,000 out of my stock dunnies. You may want to discuss w/the dark siders about corning w/a car tire though, not sure I'd ride that sidewall that hard. JMHO, God bless. JD

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I have 10000 miles on my Avons and the front tire has plenty of tread but the rear will need to be changed soon and I don't ride them after they start getting down to the wear bars.I got the same milage from my last set of Avons also.I'm hoping the new Avon cobras may wear a little longer.

·
Super Moderator
64,224 Posts
Where are your tire pressures? 38 to 40 psi is where they should be, not the 33 psi Honda recommends.

As for wearing out faster than the OEM, of course the Bridgestones will. They are made of a softer compound for better traction, like the Avons and Metzelers. They offer far better traction than the OEM Dunlops

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Damn, I have Bridgestone G850 and G851 tires on my X. I was hoping for decent mileage (12,000) out of them. I keep 39psi in the front and 41 psi in the rear. Time will tell.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have AVons and get between 20 to 22K on the front and 16-18k on the rear. I ride hard and keep the tires inflated at 41PSI front and 45 psi rear.

check em out.

R. Todd

·
Registered
877 Posts
avon vermons.the guy i work next to as a 1800c.could only get about 4000 to 5000 out of a set of tires.got avons and 12000 on this set.he rides it real hard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts