Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Hope that everyone has a good Christmas.

Now that we are going to have dry pavement for more than 12 hours, where is a good place to get new tires, front and back? I'm going with MT's and live in Saint Charles. Is there anywhere close to me that would come recommended to me?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hello all!

Hope that everyone has a good Christmas.

Now that we are going to have dry pavement for more than 12 hours, where is a good place to get new tires, front and back? I'm going with MT's and live in Saint Charles. Is there anywhere close to me that would come recommended to me?

Thanks,
Tom
Tom, I would recommend Fox Valley Cycle or Dupage Honda, I know of people that frequent both dealerships and they usually give pretty good prices on tire install, plus there is always Mark from the Illinois board here, but you need to bring your own tires for him to do it. The dealers will almost always be higher on the price of the tires that what you would pay thru someone like Direct Line Parts (our board sponsor) but you could try to swing a deal for a lower installation price when you buy the tires from them. I've listed links to both Fox Valley Cycles and Dupage Honda so you can see where they are:

Dupage Honda: http://www.dupagehonda.com/map_hours.asp

Fox Valley Cycles: http://www.foxvalleycycles.com/map_hours.asp

·
Registered
216 Posts
I found tires that I liked on the internet and called direct line with the site and pricing. They beat my best price by $5 for each tire just as they promised plus free delivery. Gotta love it.
I'll be pulling the wheels off myself and taking them out to get the tires changed to either fox valley or dupage or Mark's or LVC once I'm done.
Merfs

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Tom,

You may want to check out the Racer Cafe on 38th Ave. right in St. Charles. I understand they do free installations if you buy the tires through them and that they give pretty good deals pricewise.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Tom, last year I bought a set of tires from Direct Line, got a good deal. Mark_1bx from Bartlett balanced and mounted 'em. It worked out well.

G

·
Tom........... Try Racer Cafe In St. Charles I Had them Do My Zrx1200 ..Mount & Balance are All Included in Price, Try THis ...Tell them you known Me (Jorge) with the blue VTX1300 And u might get a Better Deal!!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I talked to Eric at Racer Cafe today. He is giving me a great price on both tires and going to pop my 1300 final on for me at the same time. I'm planning on dropping off the bike tomorrow. If anyone else needs to call him for some winter work their number is 630-443-5178.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts