Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Some of the R & S owners have used Shinko's. IDK what specific sizes or models. Search is a good tool.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Old Goat
25,121 Posts
If your sticking with the stock size on the front...I would like to see a whitewall in 110/90/19....don’t fergit the pix....good luck

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Has anyone put white walls on a stock vtx “c” and if yes what brand and size pls
A VTX with WW's looks real good. I used to see a picture in another members signature of his 1300 S with WW tires and it looked really nice.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
My next set of tires will probably be Shinko WW, always wanted to try them. It may be awhile though because my commander ll's only have about 5-6k on them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some of the R & S owners have used Shinko's. IDK what specific sizes or models. Search is a good tool.
I looked at the Shinko’s and they only have the 100/90-19 61H. I’m not sure if the first number would make a lot of difference

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your sticking with the stock size on the front...I would like to see a whitewall in 110/90/19....don’t fergit the pix....good luck
I’m trying my best not to change the rims but I haven’t found an exact match for the 110/90-19 on WW yet if I do I sure will post them on here.
Thank you

·
Registered
935 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I looked at the Shinko’s and they only have the 100/90-19 61H. I’m not sure if the first number would make a lot of difference
It's about 10mm less in width and 18mm less in diameter, so it lowers the front about 9mm in theory. In real life it's a little different, because the loaded radius of the tire at the bottom is different from these numbers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's about 10mm less in width and 18mm less in diameter, so it lowers the front about 9mm in theory. In real life it's a little different, because the loaded radius of the tire at the bottom is
different from these numbers.
Thanks bud I just ordered the Shinko 777 100/90-19 and gonna try it see how it handles.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks bud I just ordered the Shinko 777 100/90-19 and gonna try it see how it handles.

I just put on a set of the 777s front and rear. The grip is fantastic. I have a ton of confidence going into the corners. I did notice though that they are a very heavy tire, at least on my R where the size is a bit bigger compared to a C .

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have used the Shinko 777's on my 1300 and the 1800. I stuck with the BW because just what Smurfy said. Looks good... hard to keep clean. I'm lazy :)

Reactions: smurfy71

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They look good but hard to keep looking clean
I just put a 777 W/W on with the stock rim and I really like it it grips good and looks awesome haven’t had to clean it yet but it will probably be a bit of a pain lol but it’s worth the looks.

·
Old Goat
25,121 Posts
I just put a 777 W/W on with the stock rim and I really like it it grips good and looks awesome haven’t had to clean it yet but it will probably be a bit of a pain lol but it’s worth the looks.
Go to the parts store and get a bottle of spray tire bleach...should do the trick...I just put a shinko SE 890 BW..on the front..really like it...have one for the rear ...for when I pull the CT...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Go to the parts store and get a bottle of spray tire bleach...should do the trick...I just put a shinko SE 890 BW..on the front..really like it...have one for the rear ...for when I pull the CT...
Are you riding on that shinko SE 890 yet? Impressions?

·
Old Goat
25,121 Posts
Are you riding on that shinko SE 890 yet? Impressions?
I like them...I’m not aggressive rider....but brakes well and holds in the turns....IMHO good tire for the money....depending on mileage might buy again...:thumbup:

Reactions: icopus

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts