Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
Hello Piotr1, welcome to the VTXOA!
You can also add Pirelli tires to the list.
Enjoy your ride and post photos.

We have a few VTX Riders from Poland on this forum.

There is a VTX forum in Poland.
http://www.vtxpolska.pl/

There is also a FaceBook group in Poland.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/vtx.poland/

I am going to use Google translate...
Użyję tłumaczenia Google ...

Witaj Piotr1, witaj w VTXOA!
Możesz również dodać opony Pirelli do listy.
Ciesz się jazdą i publikuj zdjęcia.

Na tym forum mamy kilku zawodników VTX z Polski.

W Polsce istnieje forum VTX.
http://www.vtxpolska.pl/

Istnieje również grupa FaceBook w Polsce.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/vtx.poland/

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Then there are those of us black sheep on the outside of the VTX hierarchy who are not daredevils and prefer to have more rubber under our back ends for increased traction and braking in wet or dry. In other words for a new guy, a CAR tire, usually referred here on the forums as 'Darkside'. There is an entire website dedicated to it, MCDarksiders.com. It's your $$$, it's your decision. Having options is always a good thing.

Reactions: Piotr1

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Then there are those of us black sheep on the outside of the VTX hierarchy who are not daredevils and prefer to have more rubber under our back ends for increased traction and braking in wet or dry. In other words for a new guy, a CAR tire, usually referred here on the forums as 'Darkside'. There is an entire website dedicated to it, MCDarksiders.com. It's your $$$, it's your decision. Having options is always a good thing.
One of the things I miss most about not being able to ride....is the anticipation of exploding in a ball of fire(or going to hell) because I ride a CT.....>:). .....even at 72 I like livin on the edge....

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Did you realise, Piotr1 is from Poland, Europe, not from a third world conuntry or North America? Giving advices like this, (well I'm trying to be very polite this time, so I say) is not too smart. Installing car tire on his bike can get him in big trouble, since it is illegal modification.
I'm not sure about the exact regulations in Poland, but since it is part of the EU, car tire on the bike can result in confiscation of his license plate and/or traffic license, followed by a state inspection (with car tire removed and MC installed), and huge fine plus the the inspection fee (I guess, about $100 for the inspection).
BTW, traffic licenses are still different in the EU member states. German traffic licenses (this is what I saw in a car's traffic license) have info of the exact size of the tires. I'm not sure why and how it goes, but I guess (again), you need ask for a permit to change that size. Hope, somebody from germany will clarify this...

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Did you realise, Piotr1 is from Poland, Europe, not from a third world conuntry or North America? Giving advices like this, (well I'm trying to be very polite this time, so I say) is not too smart. Installing car tire on his bike can get him in big trouble, since it is illegal modification.
I'm not sure about the exact regulations in Poland, but since it is part of the EU, car tire on the bike can result in confiscation of his license plate and/or traffic license, followed by a state inspection (with car tire removed and MC installed), and huge fine plus the the inspection fee (I guess, about $100 for the inspection).
BTW, traffic licenses are still different in the EU member states. German traffic licenses (this is what I saw in a car's traffic license) have info of the exact size of the tires. I'm not sure why and how it goes, but I guess (again), you need ask for a permit to change that size. Hope, somebody from germany will clarify this...
Another opportunity to flash that superiority complex to all of us? The OP gave my post a 'like'. HE asked a question, and I gave an answer. If you didn't like it, clam up.

Reactions: ervin260

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Another opportunity to flash that superiority complex to all of us? The OP gave my post a 'like'. HE asked a question, and I gave an answer. If you didn't like it, clam up.
And you (also) had the opportunity to spread ignorance and you grabbed it. Everybody does what he is good at, as always..:thumbup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's right, in Poland we can't install such tires because during inspection we may lose the registration document and in the event of a collision the insurance company will not pay any money because the motorcycle did not meet the technical requirements.
Best regards, Piotr.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts