Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting 1300R wheels for my 03 .I chose to ditch the spokes. I'm going to get new tires for them I currently have Michelin commander 2s but I might try a different tire. Any advice will be appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm debating on using my tires on my spokes. They are 2 year's old and have around 5k on them. I might get another season out of them since I have not rode much this year or last year since the birth of my daughter.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I went for C wheels on my 1300S and went with a 1800C on the back with a 200 tire. I morphed mine a lot for the first 7 years. I like the C wheels a lot! I use a Bridgestone BT020R 200/60VR16 REAR on the back. It sticks to the road and that is my priority.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went for C wheels on my 1300S and went with a 1800C on the back with a 200 tire. I morphed mine a lot for the first 7 years. I like the C wheels a lot! I use a Bridgestone BT020R 200/60VR16 REAR on the back. It sticks to the road and that is my priority.
That looks nice

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the front rim on Saturday and I cleaned it up. Came out better than I thought. I should get the back rim and wheel bearings for both on Thursday

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
If I was a high mileage rider would get the high end Dunlops....since I’m not anymore I like the shinko SE890...good luck on your choice....:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
That looks nice

Thanks, it started out as a black 1300S and then I had "Real Fire" painted on, but it was more like bad clown hair, LOL.
Then My son repainted it with the Chameleon Pearl flames and added the HD bags and then a TourPac. I eventually put the TourPac on my Road King. I got hit on my VTX in the left saddle bag and it broke the bag, but at least I didn't go down. I do think if I had not had the HD bags on it that absorbed the impact it would have knocked me down. It was a hit and run that I didn't chase down because I didn't realize my bag was broken and traffic was too heavy and crazy anyway. The broken bag is fixable but I have no way to paint match the flames now since my son moved 1600 miles away, so I didn't bother yet. I still enjoy the VTX the way it is now, and it looks good without the saddlebags too.

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Thanks, it started out as a black 1300S and then I had "Real Fire" painted on, but it was more like bad clown hair, LOL.
Then My son repainted it with the Chameleon Pearl flames and added the HD bags and then a TourPac. I eventually put the TourPac on my Road King. I got hit on my VTX in the left saddle bag and it broke the bag, but at least I didn't go down. I do think if I had not had the HD bags on it that absorbed the impact it would have knocked me down. It was a hit and run that I didn't chase down because I didn't realize my bag was broken and traffic was too heavy and crazy anyway. The broken bag is fixable but I have no way to paint match the flames now since my son moved 1600 miles away, so I didn't bother yet. I still enjoy the VTX the way it is now, and it looks good without the saddlebags too.
YO...DD good to see u posting...hope all is well...:thumbup:

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
I am OK. I just thought I would check out the VTXOA today instead of just the GatewayToAirguns board. We are getting rain all day here today. :grin2:
:thumbup::thumbup:....pm sent

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I'm getting 1300R wheels for my 03 .I chose to ditch the spokes. I'm going to get new tires for them I currently have Michelin commander 2s but I might try a different tire. Any advice will be appreciated.

Most of my miles are loaded for touring and a lot of high speed travel and about half in SW hot climates.

I have had excellent luck with the Commander II on both my VTX (several sets) and my Yamaha Royal Star Venture (1 set).

I have recently installed the Elite 4 on the VTX so no real stats.

I just installed an E4 on the front of the RSV, we'll see. However, on the rear of the RSV I have a E4 that needs replaced. My records show that I got a little more miles out of the Commander II. However, this could be how I was loaded and how much high speed riding I did as the mileage was not a lot different.

The reviews I have read claim a little less mileage out of the E4 but better wet riding. I can't say about the wet as I have never had a problem with either. Both ride and handle great.

So bottom line is: I think you will be happy with either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts