Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just put a set of Metzlers on. Still rubbing off the injection port nubs. Bike seems taller than the 404 Dunslops I had before...
I read reviews and opinions to narrow it down. These were in the top 2 and the others were out of stock....

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
My favorite tire after trying many different tires over 17 years of Vtx 1800s ownership is Shinko 777. Whitewall or can get in solid black sidewall available.
Sizes:
Rear 170/80-15/W
Front. 140/80H-17

I have about 14k miles on the current set of Shinko 777's. I may or may not go with the Dunlop Elite 4's, but the Shinko's have been a damn good tire with a price that is hard to beat.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 2003 vtx 1800 with less than 4000 miles on it. I just started riding again recently and i was wondering if its safe on those old tires even though there are not many miles on them.
Another factor beside age and cracks, is if the bike sat on concrete for extended periods of time. Drains he oil and create lumps on the tire. Usually on the side towards kick stand. BEWARE, i use a carpet or cardboard, or plywood.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I think there are alot of good tires out there and everyone has there favorite. I know I need new tires for safety and Im not an aggressive rider at all but if I can afford it Im going to go with chicago spike and get those elite 4s. If he says its a good tire I believe him. If I cant afford those Ill go with the bridgestones. they are 100 dollars less and there is a 50 dollar rebate right now if you buy a pair. I havent heard anything negative negative about them with all the reserch I have done.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts