Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just over 12,000 on '03 1300 retro and it's about time for some new tires. How many miles does everyone get out of there tires? What's a good tire and how much?

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Just changed the front at 13,000 , rear looks good for another 13,000.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
got mine off the bike now at almost 11.5k and they needed changing!
got the new ones today from Ron Ayers and they sent the wrong rear! so more waiting now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have almost 14K on my 03 R and I'm in need of new tires, which will be the 3rd set!!!!. How do you guys get so many miles on a set of tires?????

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
VtxHunter said:
I have almost 14K on my 03 R and I'm in need of new tires, which will be the 3rd set!!!!. How do you guys get so many miles on a set of tires?????
I'll chalk it up to cool weather and checking tire pressure often... :wink:

·
Registered
375 Posts
tires

I installed new tire on front at 13000, back looks good, may get 5000 more.
I run 36f and 38r.
Don HUrd
D'Ray

·
Registered
662 Posts
Front has 11,400 and looks like it's good for a few thousand more. Rear was replaced about 7,000 miles ago (screwed) and still looks new.

Bummer, cause I have a new set of Dunlop whitewalls and can't wait to get them on the bike.

Just too cheap to do it before I need to ...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dang! I made just under 8,000 on my originals. I'd love 11-12,000. I just turned 10,000 total and I'm going on an extended trip this summer and assuming I'll get about the same mileage on these, I will have to buy tires on the road . . . no specials, no Hondadirectline prices, yep! from a dealer, on the road.
I hate being in that position but what can you do?
Geezer

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gulfstrings said:
Front has 11,400 and looks like it's good for a few thousand more. Rear was replaced about 7,000 miles ago (screwed) and still looks new.

Bummer, cause I have a new set of Dunlop whitewalls and can't wait to get them on the bike.

Just too cheap to do it before I need to ...
I just bought a set of Dunlop Whitewalls from Hondadirectline. What a deal! Don't need them quite yet, but hey, they are too cool and were priced good enough to jump on! So on they go ...at 7500. My tires still look good, although the front looks like it might only have another 2000 comfortable miles on it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I also check tire pressure often. I run 36 in the front and 38 in the rear. I rear tire that I have on now is an Avon, not sure that I will stay with Avon the next time.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Changed from the stocks to me880's on my C @10,000. The rear could have gone a bit longer, but I had the money to do both so I did.

X13

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks on the input. I guess I need to do some checking around to get the best price on tires and also decide what brand to go with. But now I'll have to wait a little longer on new pipes (BUMMER).

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
FEEL Good my 1300 brothers!!

4800-5k on Dunnies / 5200-6k on Avons

I got a two rears to one front rate of wear ratio.

The 1800 on country mountain roads an a feeling of "Wild Fire" freedom.

YOU have one of the Best Rides pound per dollar on the Market!!

Remember: Lawn Mowers don't use up tires......but they never leave the yard!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts