Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hi rjc6886,

Man that would be great, but the wife and I have plans with the kids the Sunday. Let me see what the wife wants to do. She rides also. We might tag along. About what time were you planning on coming up?

Tlyoungb

·
Registered
439 Posts
rjc6886 said:
On Sunday, can be almost anytime. Earlier than last week. I'm pretty flexable.
Hello rjc,

Funny we haven't crossed paths out in Wellington yet. I'm out that way quite a bit checking on the Grandson and working on a kit plane with my Dad.

I'm usually in the neighborhood on Wednesdays, so if you're up for a ride or maybe ride into Bonefish Creek for Wed Night Bike Night, let me know and we'll hook up.

Enjoy your ride on Sunday and if you hook up with Tim up in Vero...tell him I said hello.

Ride safe...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hi vtx-pirate,

Hey. I know you did the clayton mod on your pipes. How hard was it, and how long did it take to do it. My main problem is I don't have the tools or vice or equipment to do that mod. But I sure would like to get it done.

tlyoungb

·
Registered
439 Posts
tlyoungb said:
Hi vtx-pirate,

Hey. I know you did the clayton mod on your pipes. How hard was it, and how long did it take to do it. My main problem is I don't have the tools or vice or equipment to do that mod. But I sure would like to get it done.

tlyoungb
Hey Tim,

If you have an electric drill, all you need to buy is a couple of long drill bits from your local hardware store or Home Depot. They need to be 18" long to drill through both baffle plates. Drill with small drill first (1/4") then drill with 1/2" bit. There is a lot of info on this website about doing this mod, just do a search for Clayton Root Exhaust.

This isn't a complicated project and you don't need any special tools.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
So do you leave the pipes on the bike? or do you have to take them off the bike. How do you hold the pipes. In a Vise?

tlyoungb

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Pirate. Anytime you're out this way and want to ride just let me know. I'm always up for a ride, though judging by my mileage you wouldn't think so. I go by the AeroClub on my roundabout way home when riding. And I'll ride into Bonefish with you, I assume on Wednesdays you're coming from this direction. I haven't been there yet. I think its the old Hooters??? Anyways, maybe this Wed.
Rich

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yea. How about after 12:00? Going to church on Sunday. Is that ok?
Let me know. My Cell phone is 772-473-7495.

tlyoungb

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hi rjc6886,

Hey dude. I will meet you at the Honda shop in Stuart there say about 1:00 or 1:30pm. I don't know. Should be fun. The wife said she would do some rotisserie chicken, and shoot some pool. I don't know if anyone else will be coming with you. Like JoregeX or vtx-pirate, but it should be fun. We can ride up to Melbourne or where ever.

Ok see you later.

·
Registered
439 Posts
tlyoungb said:
So do you leave the pipes on the bike? or do you have to take them off the bike. How do you hold the pipes. In a Vise?

tlyoungb
Yo Tim,

You don't have to remove the pipes, do the drilling with them on the bike...it's easy to do.

Good Luck and I hope to hear more bark from your pipes the next time we meet.

·
Registered
439 Posts
rjc6886 said:
Hello Pirate. Anytime you're out this way and want to ride just let me know. I'm always up for a ride, though judging by my mileage you wouldn't think so. I go by the AeroClub on my roundabout way home when riding. And I'll ride into Bonefish with you, I assume on Wednesdays you're coming from this direction. I haven't been there yet. I think its the old Hooters??? Anyways, maybe this Wed.
Rich
rjc...not sure if I'll be in Wellington this Wed...I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hey vtx-pirate,

Man I would love to drill these holes out, but I don't have a drill to do it with. I don't have all that good stuff. I will have to see what I can find. I am trying to see if I can get another set of stock exhaust to test with, or find a set of pipes with the mod already done.

Talk to you later.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Tim. Just got back a little bit ago. Had an awesome time. I can't wait to do the lake run. We both greatly appreciate your hospitality and your family's as well. Maybe sometime you'll make it down this way and it'll be our turn. Again, thanks for everything.
Rich & Diana

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hey Rich and Diana,

It was a awesome ride. I really enjoyed it. I know my daughter did too. She really likes going on those rides like that. Oh yea. We will come down there and do the lake ride that is for sure. Hope ya'll enjoy the food. Man Becky made alot of food. Hope ya'll got enough to eat. I don't know how far we went up A1A. There is still alot of repairs going on up around that part, and like over on US 1 side they are still doing repairs over there too.

We will just have to make this a biweekly thing. Ya'll come up here we come down there. And ride till we drop hehehehe. It was a great day for riding also. I am glad ya'll made it back safe.

We will keep intouch for sure. Man that 1800 you got is looking good too. I tell you what. That bike would look really cool with a wide tire on the back.

Ok Talk to you soon.

Tim, Becky, Emily and Hannah.

·
Registered
439 Posts
tlyoungb said:
Hey vtx-pirate,

Man I would love to drill these holes out, but I don't have a drill to do it with. I don't have all that good stuff. I will have to see what I can find. I am trying to see if I can get another set of stock exhaust to test with, or find a set of pipes with the mod already done.

Talk to you later.
No need to spend more than what the long drill bits cost. It's not really that complicated....almost fool proof.

If you can't borrow someone's drill or evey buy one, it isn't that hard to do. If you're really really jones'n for a louder bark and you'd rather have help, you buy the long drill bits and come down to my house...I'll help you do it.

The only thing I can't do is grind out the excess in between the holes, but adding 6 or 7 drilled holes will make a big difference in the sound of the Stock Mufflers.

Let me know if you wanna come down, I'll be glad to help.

The Pirate

·
Registered
150 Posts
SORRY I MISS SUNDAYS RIDE BUT I WNET TO LEESBURG ON FRIDAY AND CAME BACK SUNDAY NIGHT. DID 742 MILES INCLUDING ABOUT 60 MILES IN HEAVY RAIN. IT WAS A BLAST. BIKES AS FAR AS THE EYES CAN SEE AND BEATIFUL NARROW COUNTRY ROADS (CR42) THEY EVEN HAVE HILLS UP THERE! RODE UP WITH THE SOUTHERN CRUISERS RIDING CLUB ABOUT 15 IN TOTAL WE WENT NORTH ON US27. ABOUT YOUR PIPES WE CAN GET THAT DONE UP IN A HURRY. I JUST PACK MY TOOLS IN THE BIKE AND GET IT DONE RIDE IUN YOUR DRIVEWAY. I USED A DRILL, 2 LONG DRILL BITS, A DREMEL TOOL WITH CUTTING WHEELS ANS MY 4 INCH GRINDER. DID THE TIP OF YOUR PIPES ARE HOLD ON THE PIPE BY 3 SCREWS LIKE MINE IS OR IS IT DIFFERENT? SUNDAY I CAME BACK SOUTH ON 27 TO US60 EAST TO VERO AND SOUTH ON 95. RICH WITH THIS WEEKS RIDING MY SPEEDOMETER WENT OVER 14200 MILES. YOU NEED TO GET BUZY AND CATCH UP. RIDE SAFE JORGE

1 - 20 of 22 Posts