Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John,
I have a 2002 VTX 1800c model that I installed the Samson Slasher pipes on with the Thunder Monster baffles in them.My question is, if I replace the stock air filter,just the elelment,with the K&N one,do I need to run a PowerCommander III? And is the PowerCommander III the only PowerCommander I can run,and what of the TFI unit? Thanks for the time Me Brudder.-"Geezer"

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Do you need to run a PC3?
NO

The PC3 is the only one that adds and subtract fuel
The TFI will not and is not even close to what a PC3 is.

Will the bike run better with a PC3?
YES

and it will even run better with a custom one than a downloaded map :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
re: to Johnnycheese

Johnnycheese,
So with changing to the K&N air filter and running my pipe set-up I shouldn't have any problems, like running too lean. The stock E.C.U. should adjust, as long as I don't decide to run say, a Thunder Air kit. Then I would need to run the PowerCommander,correct?-"Geezer"

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
No your ECU will not adjust but you are running a bit fat to start with.It may not be sweet and smooth but you can get away without one. If you did get one a custom map would makeit SWEEEET

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
re: to Johnnycheese

Johnnycheese,
Thanks for your help Me Brudder.When I do get around,and the finances,to run the PowerCommander III,I'll give you a hollar and maybe you can set me up with something.Thanks again.-"Geezer"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.