Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the general board first because I thought it was funny and wanted to share it and I also thought that was what the general board was ther for, you no not everthing had to be motorcycle related. I was told right off the bat it was not the place for it. I have heard many times there are some snobbs over there, I am a true beleiver now, The guy said after 500 post you should know this belongs on the OTB :shock: what the heck is that :oops: I wont be straying from home again. TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I, being of sound mind and body, do not wish to be kept alive indefinitely by artificial means.

Under no circumstances should my fate be put in the hands of peckerwood politicians who couldn't pass ninth-grade biology if their lives depended on it.

If a reasonable amount of time passes and I fail to sit up and ask for a cold beer, it should be presumed that I won't do so ever again. When such a determination is reached, I hereby instruct my spouse, children and attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes and call it a day.

Under no circumstances shall the members of the Legislature enact a special law to keep me on life-support machinery. It is my wish that these boneheads mind their own damn business, and pay attention instead to the health, education and future of the millions of Americans who aren't in a permanent coma and who nonetheless may be in need of nourishment.

Under no circumstances shall any politicians butt into this case. I don't care how many fundamentalist votes they're trying to scrounge for their run for the Presidency in 2008, it is my wish that they play politics with someone else's life and leave me alone to die in peace.

I couldn't care less if a hundred religious zealots send emails to legislators in which they pretend to care about me. I don't know these people, and I certainly haven't authorized them to preach and/or crusade on my behalf. They should mind their own damn business, too.

If any of my family goes against my wishes and turns my case into a political cause, I hereby promise to come back from the grave and make his or her existence a living hell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Yeah some of those 1800 guys have some kind of "Power Trip" :D thing going and can get testy....there have been all kind of threads that get them riled. The off topic board is the place to help keep this site a little more family friendly, so religion bashing, HD bashing, Off color jokes, personal opinion that are not politically correct generally go there...That's all.
And you're right everyone should have a living will so there is no mistake on how they want to be treated and taken care of....but how man people really do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Papa,
You almost nailed it on the head, but you left out one clause:

Do not sell the VTX until after the death certificate has been signed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must be missing something here, where is the off topic board, I sure dont see it listed on the Forum Index :?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
papa said:
I must be missing something here, where is the off topic board, I sure dont see it listed on the Forum Index :?:
You need to join the Offtopic board... At the top of the page is "Usergroups" click on that. You'll see the drop down list with offtopic members in it. Click on the information button.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,139 Posts
yeah but who ever goes there.

i hear what you're are saying , but if this is in reference
to the recent terri schivo case , it is much more to case.

there was no proof just hear say and one sided at that.
that she wanted as you stated you do just now.
her religion does not permit them to make that choice.
also she was not in a complete vegitated state, she would respond
to her mother and other members of her family.


it boiled down to a husband wanting her died so he could
move on and marry his girlfriend , who already had child by him.
and maybe money, i think the first most foremost though.
he just wanted to be able to marry his new girl cause the
old one didn't work proper.
ask me he was a prickhead, he wouldn't even allow her family
in the room as she past away.
to the very end he was a total prick.
which he will get his in the end.

Karma is a bad thing to screw around with, especially bad karma :twisted:

this case does though remind people that wish as you do to get those
request in order and you really need it documented.
or you can be put on what you refuse to be put through.
say no one is around to vooch for your request.
put it on paper like in your last will and testament.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OvErKiLL{N99} said:
yeah but who ever goes there.

i hear what you're are saying , but if this is in reference
to the recent terri schivo case , it is much more to case.

there was no proof just hear say and one sided at that.
that she wanted as you stated you do just now.
her religion does not permit them to make that choice.
also she was not in a complete vegitated state, she would respond
to her mother and other members of her family.


it boiled down to a husband wanting her died so he could
move on and marry his girlfriend , who already had child by him.
and maybe money, i think the first most foremost though.
he just wanted to be able to marry his new girl cause the
old one didn't work proper.
ask me he was a prickhead, he wouldn't even allow her family
in the room as she past away.
to the very end he was a total prick.
which he will get his in the end.

Karma is a bad thing to screw around with, especially bad karma :twisted:

this case does though remind people that wish as you do to get those
request in order and you really need it documented.
or you can be put on what you refuse to be put through.
say no one is around to vooch for your request.
put it on paper like in your last will and testament.
That was the problem it was here say, and likeXlr8 stated it is a very good reason to make a will, it is a tuff pill to swallow but as you seen in that case, it can destroy families. And it happens alot more then you here about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Papa,
You speak the TRUTH, who cares where it is posted, it is a very succint and on-target post! I am a physician and VTX'er and can say your message speaks the truth in a way everyone should be able to understand! I live in Florida and trained with several doctors who had direct care responsibilies for Terry Shiavo. Medically speaking, it was a very simple case - she was brain-dead, no doubt about it. Sadly, her misfortune became the national media circus we all witnessed, mainly for all the reasons you so clearly state. Also sadly, her family situation and relationship with her husband was totally dysfunctional, even before her medical problems caused her vegetative state. This is one major fact that was never addressed by the media. In a situation that would have maximally stressed even a healthy family/spouse relationship, she never had a chance to have her fate decided with peace and dignity. The lesson to be learned is to have a legal living will and power-of-attorney prepared, no matter what a persons current health situation is! Nothing is worse than giving politicians and special interest groups your fate as a football to play with!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OvErKiLL{N99} said:
i do not understand why this can not be talked about on
the other gen. mc forum.

how many people use the otb , hell i wasn't even aware of it.
why not add it to the index here.
I did not know it was there either, and I have no desire to go there now that I know where it is. I guess they just like to pick and chose what they want to hear over there. I seen one post where half a dozen or more have gotten on there to say hi or by or something in different languages, and nobody was raising a stink about that. And I am sure if I wanted to take the time and look I would find post after post non motorcycle related. but life is to short and I do not want to be a tool for those with personal problems to exercise there stupidity or waste my time intertaining there arrogance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
The unfortunate thing here was that this was not a right to die case, it was a right to live case, and that right was taken away from her ....... That's why those "guy's" got involved ....... I seem to remember something somewhere about the RIGHT to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness ...... at least it used to be that way. There are over 25,000 people on feeding tubes in the USA .... I wonder what they're thinking ..... :(

I too know physicians who were intimate with Terry's treatment. According to them, she WAS NOT brain dead and WAS not in vegetative state. So who are you going to believe. If we make any errors, it should be on the side of life not death .... wouldn't you agree?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
15 years on a feeding tube.........Palease........that is death........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
awesome cin said:
15 years on a feeding tube.........Palease........that is death........
I'm not sure that's your decision to make. That's the issue here. I don't want you to decide that for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Witness said:
awesome cin said:
15 years on a feeding tube.........Palease........that is death........
I'm not sure that's your decision to make. That's the issue here. I don't want you to decide that for me.
Actually the issue here at least for me was to have a clear will where there is no room for interpretation so your misfortune does not become other peoples play ground.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Papa

Yes, your right about the Will, although its hard to be clear in all possible situations, we need to be as clear as we can.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top