Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
........where did you mount yours? Above or below the headlight? Pics appreciated as I just cannot decide as it looks good either way.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Above the headlight

·
Registered
736 Posts
above the tail light!! 8)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I went on the tree, behind the windshield. It is small but functional and doesn't get wet plus blocks whatever wind was coming through the headlight hole in the windshield. I don't have any pics, but will try to get one.

·
Registered
276 Posts
GOT MINE STRAPPED TO THE SISSY BAR SITTING ON THE PASSENGER SEAT -- EASIER TO GET INTO--DONT DO 2UP OFTEN

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Straight from my liquor cabinet to my NC hardbags. :wink:

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you, everyone, for the input.
I have seen some on the sissybar and it does look nice. Never heard of one on the back seat....until now.
As you can see from my photo, I don't believe in windshields. Never have and never will.
Looks like the ABOVE's have it. Think I'll try it above for a while and then below for a while. Easy to do since mine just ties on. I'd originally planned on putting it below, but when it arrived I noticed it looked equally good above.......maybe better. I'll try it both ways but, thanks to your replies, I'm leaning toward mounting it above. Thanks again.
:mcrider:

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a 2003 just like yours i put mine below and now wished i hadn't made a nasty scratch on my front fender really broke my heart but the damage is done so i did my best to raise it as much as i could, but if i had it to do over would find a different place to mount it.

Best of luck Ride Safe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.