Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all. I received a great Christmas gift from my son - a gift card to Sears that I want to use to buy tools for working on my 1300C. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have regarding "essential" tools I should try to pick up. I figure a set of metric allen wrenchs is a good starting point, but I want to make sure I get the right sizes. Otherwise, is there any type of "suggested tool inventory" on the VTXOA site I can turn to for this info?:dontknow: Any suggestions are appreciated. A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts
I bought the allen wrenches from seats that has a holder and full set of bits, both metric and standard. I paid around 10.00 for it. It's great in a tool bag. I think I'm going to buy allen wrenches with handles for the garage.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I bought a motorcycle jack last week for $99.95 plus tax ($50 off). It's beefier that the HF jack.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Allen socket
6 point sockets
open end wrenches (gear wrenches are good)

All metric of course

ratchet and extensions for above, and some quality screwdrivers would be a good start.

Torque wrench if you have the $$$

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your excellent suggestions. I went to Sears Hardware today and almost everything I needed to pick up was on sale, so my gift card went a little further than I thought it would. I picked up a set of hex key sockets, a thumbkey ratchet, a set of combination wrenches, a magnetic tool pickup and a small toolbox that'll fit in my saddlebag to hold it all. Am holding off on getting the offset feeler gauges as I doubt I'll be doing my own valve adjustments for awhile.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Get a bike lift and pepsX stand. You will not be disappointed with the stand. It is rock solid. I have one and I love it. stand_image.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts