Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found In My E-Mail...

Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back

1 - They're afraid it will invalidate their factory warranty.
2 - Leather and studs make it too hard to raise their arm.
3 - They refuse to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.
4 - They won't let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.
5 - The rushing wind could blow the scabs off their new tattoos.
6 - They're angry over the second mortgage needed to pay for the new Harley.
7 - They just discovered the fine print in their owner's manual revealing that The Motor Company is partially owned by rice-burner manufacturers.
8 - They can't tell if other riders are actually waving or just reaching up to cover their ears, like everyone else.
9 - If they wave back, they risk being impaled on their spiked helmet.
10 - They're upset that after spending $30,000, they still don't own a bike that's as comfortable as a Goldwing.

To be totally fair, let it be noted that sometimes Goldwing riders don't wave back, either. Again, to facilitate a better understanding....

Top Ten Reasons Why Goldwing Riders Don't Wave Back

1 - They aren't sure whether the other rider is waving or making an obscene gesture.
2 - They risk getting frostbite if they take their hand off the heated grip.
3 - They have arthritis and it is difficult to raise their arm.
4 - The reflection from the etched windshield was momentarily blinding.
5 - The on-board espresso machine had just finished.
6 - They were asleep when other rider waved.
7 - They were involved in a three-way conference call with their stock broker and accessories dealer.
8 - They were distracted by an oddly shaped blip on their radar screen.
9 - They were simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.
10 - They couldn't find the "auto wave-back" button on their dashboard.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I went to Americade a few weeks ago and while I was driving the goldwing. I just can’t bring myself to wave at the 10 thousand other bikes in the area. Sweet Jesus stop waving when inside a 5 mile loop of the village. On a normal ride sure.
agree. and that 10 thousand bike number is a low end estimate

·
Registered
10,441 Posts
We all have to flick a hand out there to keep circulation moving. Not that big a deal.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
It's a new fad for the young kids. Expensive, all digital, can't re-record the songs. Big shiny bling disc. Doesn't fit into a breast pocket like a cassette tape.
Trust me, this thing will never catch on.
Lol ... Not only did it catch on, it is now, more or less, just as dead as the cassette tape. Really, CDs are a thing of the past.

·
Registered
10,441 Posts
It's a new fad for the young kids. Expensive, all digital, can't re-record the songs. Big shiny bling disc. Doesn't fit into a breast pocket like a cassette tape.
Trust me, this thing will never catch on.
I have one of those Crosley nostalgia-style tabletop units that let you play vinyl, play cassette, play radio, and record onto CD. I have a stack of re-write-able blank CD's, so yes you can re-record on a CD. In my defense, I haven't used it in at least 4-5 years. I agree if CD had been slightly smaller, say 3" or less, it might have been more convenient.

Reactions: RBS and Capt. Rory

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
The re-recording was part of the joke because when they came out, CDs were read-only from factory. It was another decade until we had expensive CD-RWs. I have some too.
I agree. Had they managed to squeeze the format just a tad more and make the discs smaller, they would have caught on faster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts