Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VTx1300C after removing speedometer and tank bunch time's to work and tune cab . the small bracket where rubber sits pulled the two spot welds right open .
guess wont be filling this tank up all way . i know most have petcock leaks but any one has this happen ? JB weld steel a good idea ?
thanks
Liquid Drinkware Automotive lighting Fluid Tap

·
Old Goat
26,941 Posts
If it was me I would take it to a shop and have it fixed the right way….more harmonious outcome ….but hey your fubar ,your rulz……good luck…

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it was me I would take it to a shop and have it fixed the right way….more harmonious outcome ….but hey your fubar ,your rulz……good luck…
that's plan for winter . just want to ride but more before i get it fixed but yes this winter it's coming off the get fixed professionally

·
Registered
14,476 Posts
Clean up the rust with rough paper.
JBweld 2110 metal fuel tank repair or Permatex Fuel Tank Repair Kit, 9101
Use the epoxy on top, cover every bit of surface area of the bracket to the tank.
After dried up, put some tank sealer INSIDE the top part where the bracket is.
POR-15 or whatever you choose.
Keep air pressure going through the tank vent to prevent from clogging.
The tank vent hose fitting is at the right rear..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clean up the rust with rough paper.
JBweld 2110 metal fuel tank repair or Permatex Fuel Tank Repair Kit, 9101
Use the epoxy on top, cover every bit of surface area of the bracket to the tank.
After dried up, put some tank sealer INSIDE the top part where the bracket is.
POR-15 or whatever you choose.
Keep air pressure going through the tank vent to prevent from clogging.
The tank vent hose fitting is at the right rear..
thanks

·
Premium Member
10,574 Posts
If you can find SealAll

This will seal the bracket to the tank and provide a fuel safe seal, but I'm not sure it had the structural strength to hold things in place. I've used, and continue to use this stuff and it really is quite good stuff.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you can find SealAll

This will seal the bracket to the tank and provide a fuel safe seal, but I'm not sure it had the structural strength to hold things in place. I've used, and continue to use this stuff and it really is quite good stuff.
thanks yeah i won't be lifting the tank form that bracket anymore so no need for strength mainly stop it from leaking when tank is full

·
Premium Member
10,574 Posts
thanks yeah i won't be lifting the tank form that bracket anymore so no need for strength mainly stop it from leaking when tank is full
SealAll does work really well for gas tanks so that might remain an option then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts