Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I would like to have a late model VTX1300 in orange. Or yellow. Or blue. Maybe red.
a "C" model, but an "R" model would also be OK

Something UNMOLESTED. You know - factory paint. No exhaust or intake manifold mods. I know - tall order. :wink2:

I have just the spot for it

·
Old Goat
24,071 Posts
I would like to have a late model VTX1300 in orange. Or yellow. Or blue. Maybe red.
a "C" model, but an "R" model would also be OK

Something UNMOLESTED. You know - factory paint. No exhaust or intake manifold mods. I know - tall order. :wink2:

I have just the spot for it
Hey JP did u see the post on hoarding....:grin2:

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
They'll have to pry my 1800 out of my cold dead hands........hopefully not dying ON my 1800:surprise:

Still nothing quite like it on the road

·
Old Goat
24,071 Posts
locally there are some serious 1300 deals....one is a 2400 mile unmolested 05 1300R 2k...:thumbup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here in the uk the average price for a used vtx1800 is $7500, they did not sell in big numbers here and if you have a minter then you should get a decent price .These prices folks a quoting for s/hand bikes in the Usa are mental cheap in my eyes .
I sold my 2004 for $9838 going by the current exchange rate ok it was tricked out with chrome wheels , summo x stuff on it ect ect but after 13 years of ownership i was happy enough with the price i got .

·
Registered
664 Posts
Here in the uk the average price for a used vtx1800 is $7500, they did not sell in big numbers here and if you have a minter then you should get a decent price .These prices folks a quoting for s/hand bikes in the Usa are mental cheap in my eyes .
I sold my 2004 for $9838 going by the current exchange rate ok it was tricked out with chrome wheels , summo x stuff on it ect ect but after 13 years of ownership i was happy enough with the price i got .
A picture of your bike for the new banner? :grin2:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
But, how much did you pay when (and when?) you bought it?

·
Registered
339 Posts
But, how much did you pay when (and when?) you bought it?
I paid in the region of $9500 when i bought it 13.5 years ago s/hand with only 1100mls on it .
One thing i should remember is bikes are a lot cheaper to buy in the USA compaired to Europe so the price of s/hand vtx's in the Usa seem cheap but in retrospect they were cheaper to buy in the first place .

·
Registered
4 Posts
in France
I bought my 2002 1800C, 13000 miles, 4 years ago I paid $ 7800.
right now to have a 1800 it takes between $ 6,500 and $ 10,000 for a very beautiful and too many miles.
the 1800 was not sold much in France much too expensive in insurance.
I think I will not sell it it will be my last motorcycle, I only ride in good weather, no rain and only for fun

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
There's nothing yet made today that compares to a custom VTX 1800 in size, performance and smiles per mile when considering how relatively little they're worth compared to new. Nothing out there that gets as many compliments I assure you.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts