Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Tuesday of this week my wife and I had to put down our second of three Chows. He was a great dog for 13 years but just couldn't go on any more. Well it got a little worse as today the first of our Chows at 14 years old had a major stroke at home for my wife and passed away. She was extremely attached to my wife and a very special dog. I thought it hurt with one but two makes for a lousy way to start a year. My wife and I are crushed.:cry: Animals are great companions but they tear your heart out when they're gone....

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
I feel for your loss. Years ago I was very much attached to a Green winged Macaw named Ruby. She was a very good bird and I was very attached to her. It was many years, but occasionally I still think of her and miss her. Good luck and God bless.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Sorry for your loss, pets are truly part of a family..

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss

:(My wife and I know what you and your wife are going thru. Just before Thanksgiving, our 6 year old Keeshond Teddy came down with what our vet said was a auto immune disorder. After a few days in Concord at Caves he came home. Things were looking promissing , he was getting around pretty good, eating, just being himself. The week before Christmas he took a turn for the worst, more tests shown that the disorder had overtaken his system, red blood count down to 10. Unfortunatly there was no more that could be done. He left us on the 17th. We miss him very much. Now we are now watching his brother Ollie, worried about depression, or some other signs of possible problems. Good luck, It will become better as time passes, and maybe a new member to your family. We are thinking maybe of another Keeshond, maybe?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
We know just how you feel we've had to put down a few dogs over the years.The worst was this fall when we had to put my wifes horse down.She had the horse since it was born in 1977.She raised and trained it so well that even I could ride with no problem and I'm not a real horse back rider.My wife Jo and daughter Sam rode her the most so natrually they miss her the most.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Truely sorry for your loss. it never easy are dogs are like kids to us. I would go to the ends of the earth to save them(vet bills to prove it) . Been a tough year here for dogs too. I had my youngest corgi ruputure a disc in his back which paralized him in his hind end, $6k later he is walking on his own but cannot pee. My sister just lost her 2 yr old corgi, he sufffocated on a cheeto's bag

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss, it's tough losing a family member like that, we all have memories of the great ones, my son still breaks into tears occasionally over our late lab we lost a couple years back.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
We feel for you. It's incrdible how many people here have been touched by the loss of pets. Seems like no-one had been spared.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tough

Thanks everyone and things are slowly getting better. We are watching our third chow struggle with being alone. Its amazing how close they were. Anyway the year has to get better.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Sorry for your loss :( You become very attached to them...I still think of and miss all the pets I've had....nothing like a new one to help ease the pain...although I've yet to subscribe to my own medicine

Goose

1 - 12 of 12 Posts