Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, was wondering if anyone has these bags? I saw the smaller sized ones and they look good but was thinking more of the XL size cruiser 2 slant style. I see them online for around 150$ was just wondering if the XL size will fit. the retro? also since they are throw overs do i need any bag rails? The bags have a neoprene cover so they dont scratch the bike so i wouldnt think i need rails for them....Any input would be great! thanks! -John

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
be carefull of x- large bags the heat from the pipes can melt them.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Large Slants

I have the large slants and they are just 2 inches above the stock pipes.
I'm afraid of melting the bag. Has anyone had this happen without the bag touching the pipes?

G

·
0 Posts
tour master bags

I have the tourmaster bags but mine are NOT the x-large. I think mine are the large size. I went ahead and put the guard rails on my bike and have been glad that I did. The bags come with cinch straps that I loop thru the gurad rails front and rear of the bag, then the quick release clip snaps onto the bag itself. This keep them from any possible flapping around. I would recommend getting the rails and I would recommend these bags because they are very easy to remove. I keep mine off most of the time and only use them on trips or if I know I'm going to need the extra storage that day.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I second Abnart's comments. They didn't look safe to me without the saddle bag supports. Probably couldn't happen but they looked like they might get sucked into the wheel or something. Sounds stupid and probably is but I felt better with the supports.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have the Tourmaster XL Slants but mounted with EZ Brackets, the bolts from the brackets protrude on the inside of the bag a so I might go buy shorter bolts. Other than that, made sure I mounted them 5-6" above my HK 2.5s so I didn't have any heat issues from the pipes.......I don't see how the bags would work without any type of support system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts