Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, where can I find a trailer hitch for my 1300. I have seen alot of them pulling trailers, but don't know where to get a hitch. Thanks for anyone's help.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a Dauntless hitch and love it! It is totally hidden until I put the tounge and ball on. Others have said that they ran into a clearence issue but I have not had one problem with the Dauntless. I ride a 2003 1300S w/ Easy Brackets and have had no clearence issues. The Dauntless is a bit more expensive but IMHO, well worth the money.

·
Registered
29 Posts
trailer hitch for 1300

There is a company in Campbell County Tennessee called Bushtec. The make really nice trailer for bikes and also have hitches. Bit pricy but I have seen their facility and they do a really nice job. 423-562-9900

http://www.bushtec.com/

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's interesting about Hitchdoc as I've had one on my '04 1300RS for a year and love it. I got the receiver hitch which means drawbar and ball are removed when not needed. Beautiful workmanship and chroming. It was also cheaper than Dauntless at that time.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Lil Daddy if you go do a search on hitch doc they only show the 1800 VTXs hitches in the Honda listing...did you get your's directly from them? If so somebody needs to tell em they left the 1300s off their list!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recently contacted Hitch Doc for info on a hitch for the 1300S. Here is the reply I received:

Thank you for your recent inquiry concerning our hitches! I am happy to inform you that we do carry a hitch for your type of bike. The type of hitch that would fit your bike is the VTX Retro 1800 (part # H15480). This hitch is a receiver style where mounts to the outside chromed part of the fender strut and the ball and tongue drop out! It a spectacular hitch and looks awesome with the bike! This hitch has a rattle bolt to prevent the clattering of the hitch. The price of the receiver style hitch $347.50 and it is fully chromed. Enclosed is a picture of the VTX 1800 Retro hitch which is the same hitch that your VTX 1300 Retro would take. Installation instructions come with the hitch and it would take on average 1-2 hours to install. We recommend that you have a friend help you so that you don’t scratch the bike. The shipping and handling ranges from $20-$30 within the US by UPS ground. Once you place your order, the shipment would take 7-10 working days if the hitches are in stock. If you wish to order call our toll free number which is 1-800-446-8222 from 8am to 5pm CST.

Thanks!

Stacy at HitchDoc

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a Dauntless hitch too. The holes did NOT line properly and I had to have a local machine shop "fix" it. They also forgot to send installation instructions, and actually never sent them. I had to rely on instructions from another owner.

Once it's installed, it's very nice. The hitch is completely hidden when you remove the receiver. But, the quality of their workmanship is severely lacking, and their Customer Service is worse.

By the way, I have no problems with clearance, but I run the stock Dunlops she had when I bought her. I did have to improvise a little though because Dauntless assumes you won't have sissy bar and brackets or saddlebags and brackets, so their bolts are all too short.

Good Luck!

Scott

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Some folks on here are probably tired of hearing fom me on this,but for the new folks, here goes again.If you or your buddy have a little ability,the hidden hitch like Dauntless came out with a year or so after I made mine is very simple & cheap to build.You can go to Webshots & search for billgre(sorry,don't know how to link)& look at my build pics if you care to go that way.I have pulled my trailer several thousand miles & it has worked very well.I know for a fact that it is very stable yet at about 105mph.Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts