Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to rent a trailer to haul my bike and one other. If you have rented one in the past who did you rent from and how much was it? Or if any one has their own trailer that would let me rent for a couple of days let me know. I live in the Plainfield area. I have to drop my dad off in Kentucky and while I was out there I was thinking of heading out to Little Sturgis Kentucky for their bike fest the w/e of the 19, 20 and 21st. Please let me know. If anyone else wants to go let me know. I would just ride there but I do not think my dad and my wife would fit on the X.
Thanks,
Peter De

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump

·
Registered
647 Posts
HotBarrel said:
These guys rent and sell them. I bought my VTX from them and they seemed like decent guys.

http://www.arlingtonmotorsportsinc.com/

HB
I tried renting a trailer from these guys last summer. After I reserved and made the arrangements, they told me CASH ONLY. And they're not cheap either. Over $400 for a week. And that was for a single. Now I go to U-Haul. $15 a day, but they only rent singles.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
BG-Pete said:
I tried renting a trailer from these guys last summer. After I reserved and made the arrangements, they told me CASH ONLY. And they're not cheap either. Over $400 for a week. And that was for a single. Now I go to U-Haul. $15 a day, but they only rent singles.
Yikes. Was it during some of the heavier usage times (Daytona, Sturgis, etc...)? I suspect that they may raise their rates during those events. Regarding cash-only, I'd still call them and ask them on the phone what the terms are. These guys are definitely used-vehicle dealer types, so there may be room for negotiation during off-peak times (I certainly found that to be true when I bought my bike from them).

Anyway, good luck!

HB

·
Registered
647 Posts
HotBarrel said:
BG-Pete said:
Yikes. Was it during some of the heavier usage times (Daytona, Sturgis, etc...)? I suspect that they may raise their rates during those events. Regarding cash-only, I'd still call them and ask them on the phone what the terms are. These guys are definitely used-vehicle dealer types, so there may be room for negotiation during off-peak times (I certainly found that to be true when I bought my bike from them).

Anyway, good luck!

HB
It was actually over Memorial Day weekend last year. When I told Mitch that I could get the same trailer at Route 12 and use a credit card, he said, "go for it" and hung up the phone. I wouldn't give these guys a dime.

My wife was in there looking for a new ride. No one would talk to her. I walk in after parking the car, I get swarmed....she was pi$$ed. So we left.

I know people who bought from them and after one service trip will never go back.

Sorry for the rant. I just can't deal with those people. Gets my blood boiling.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
BG-Pete said:
Sorry for the rant. I just can't deal with those people. Gets my blood boiling.
If that had been my experience, I would feel the same way. :shock: There are plenty of other places to spend our motorcycle $$$...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts