Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Easy for you to ask... you live in Tenn!!! That's one of the places I haul mine to!

Let me put it to you this way... have you ever ridden from Atlanta to South Florida? Its about 600-700 miles of boring NOTHING!!! Flat, straight highways... and typically with lots of rain along the way too! But once you get north of Atlanta... it's riding country!

We trailer up to Tenn/NC (from South Florida) at least twice a year. It takes about 12 hours... we arrive in one day, fresh with all our stuff, ready to ride for the next 4 days! I don't enjoy highway riding at all. We leave our tow vehicle and trailer wherever we arrive to and start out from... and pick it back up at the end of the week.

That's why! :)
nope, but rode from Tn to North Florida and Alabama hiway is rough as a cob....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Strapping down my VTX 1300

I trailered my bike for the first time on my boyfriends trailer from MS to TN for a weekend ride with him, we are on separate projects, first I took the advice of a friend and had my straps strapped to my forks. WRONG!! you can bend your forks as I was told. Now, my boyfriend had a cow as to how my bike was strapped in. He showed me how to do it. I will show you picture of how my bike is strapped in. He has HD straps which are awesome. they strap to the handle bars and you ratchet them down till the bike is standing straight up and the bike comes down, he double ups each side incase a strap breaks. I can tell you my bike didn't move an inch on the trailer. I leave the kickstand down, just in case, I would rather replace a kickstand than damage my bike, our trailer is a hard metal bottom trailer with tandem wheels and independent suspension for each axel, which makes it a dream to tow.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Never use the hooks on the ends of the ratchet straps to tie down with. They can come unhooked on the first big bump. I always used a quick link through the loop in the hook. Here is what I use. http://www.e-rigging.com/quick-links I have never had one break or come undone. I have had the hooks come unhooked.
Thanks FE!
New to the big bike rig cinch down. On my way to get some of these in .5" case ole lady ever needs to come rescue- wood knock,nock :0)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts