Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
. care to share ? what are they :)
You bet.

I have a CRF450X and my son's CRF250X. Actually the CRF-R motocross bikes have this as well. These bikes have 2 holes where you can put different fluids. I prefer to put the same 10W-40 in the crankcase and the trans. Many prefer different fluids for the crankcase and the trans.

You may have been thinking only street bikes, but Europe has DS and SM versions of the CRF-450X and it's not uncommon to people install DS / SM street kits on these bikes. I probably will on mine in the future.

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
You bet.

I have a CRF450X and my son's CRF250X. Actually the CRF-R motocross bikes have this as well. These bikes have 2 holes where you can put different fluids. I prefer to put the same 10W-40 in the crankcase and the trans. Many prefer different fluids for the crankcase and the trans.

You may have been thinking only street bikes, but Europe has DS and SM versions of the CRF-450X and it's not uncommon to people install DS / SM street kits on these bikes. I probably will on mine in the future.
makes sense NOW.... I do not work on dirt bikes.. no one ever washes them...:)>:)
well the kids that had them.. never washed them.. sent them home :frown:

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
makes sense NOW.... I do not work on dirt bikes.. no one ever washes them...:)>:)
well the kids that had them.. never washed them.. sent them home :frown:
I hate working on a dirty bike so before anything gets done, they are clean enough that I can spot any leaks or anything else that may not be exactly right. I do not need to get broke down on the trail. Most places we go it would be difficult at best to get the bike out, impossible at worst. Ain't nobody got time for dat!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts