Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a stock seat for my '03 1800 C the other night. All I wanted was the passenger seat though. So I put the driver's seat on the classifieds and pm'd the guys that had contacted the guy I bought it from.

Then I got an idea. One of the hunting forums I am on had a travelling decoy last fall. We all got on a list and mailed it from one to the next. Taking pics and posting them on the forum. He travelled from coast to coast and border to border.

With all the guys wanting to have their seat modded by Badx I started thinking. What if I just give this seat up as a loaner? That way you can send your seat for the mod job and still have a cheap seat until you get yours back.I would think shipping would be cheaper than a seat. Also it would save from having to find a seat and then having an extra when you get the modded one back.

Will this work?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Dude, I had the EXACT same thought about the seat I bought for my 1300C! You just have to be able to rely on everybody else to "pay it forward".

·
Registered
28 Posts
Seat

That would be an excellent social experiment. If it was a seat that would fit an 04 1800 Retro, I would be the first one wanting to receive it.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I'm in...I'll start it off if you'll send it to me. Just sent my seat off to BadX so i'm w/o right now unless i want to put a couple towels down.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow. Kinda thought there might be a little more interest in this idea.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think this is a great idea, I have a 2007 1800F and want to have my seat done, but don't really want to stop riding for 2 or 3 weeks, maybe we could mark on the bottom of the seat all the cities, or states where the seat has travelled. :lol:

·
Registered
653 Posts
That is cool,
but isnt there alot of dif seats?
Once mine is done I will have one for a 1300c....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MattFidaho said:
That is cool,
but isnt there alot of dif seats?
There are different seats. So maybe if we get this going eventually all the models will be covered. I know the C wont fit an R. Will it fit an F? What about the N? What seat fits it?

I will be sending it to VTX smoke first. I'm going to take it to the upholster on Monday. He has the black cover he took off my seat when he recovered it for me. That way nobody has to ride with an ugly patched up whole in the back of their loaner seat.

If we get a list of guys can we make a sticky thread for it? That way everyone can see where it is and when it might be coming to them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Muntz said:
3 whole days huh? Thats what I call determination.
Sorry I don't see where you have offered to do anything like this. I know when I see "free" or "cheap" I'm in. How long was I suppose to wait? I don't see how Friday to Tuesday is 3 days. Wouldn't that be closer to 5?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts