Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a benefit to "trike-ing" the 1800 over attaching "voyager" type unit ?

I have no experience with either, between my age and bad knees I can foresee something of this nature in my near future. Any and all opinions and/or experience with conversions will be greatly appreciated !

·
3,915 Posts
Is there a benefit to "trike-ing" the 1800 over attaching "voyager" type unit ?

I have no experience with either, between my age and bad knees I can foresee something of this nature in my near future. Any and all opinions and/or experience with conversions will be greatly appreciated !
I'm not sure what a voyager is but, I'm guessing its those add ons that make your bike look like it has training wheels... not that that is a bad thing, who cares what it looks like if it works.

My brother has a goldwing Trike and I have to say its cool he's 62 yr old he doesn't really need it but, it makes his head feel better. Hey he is ridin'

My Japanese bike dealer is now a dealer for trikes and he has 2 VTX 1800C's on the floor triked out. I got to admit they look Bad A$$. the trunk space and side trunks are impressive. When I'm ready I would buy one.

There is a guy running around my town with the portable set up mentioned before. he loves em ( much cheaper than the full trike conversion) ride what you want but ride....

·
Registered
103 Posts
from what I have seen and read about the voyager setup is that it has it's own suspension, so you still have a certain amount of lean angle (albeit only about 12 degrees) to work with that lets you ride in a more natural fashion as opposed to a trike. I have been considering it since my knees are bad and it also comes with a hitch mount on the back. It also is removable for when you want to go 2 wheels only.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My dad has a voyager setup on his Vulcan. I have to admit it is cery different to ride. You have to learn to drive it, not ride it. You would after reading about it think that you have the 12° of lean, you do, but you will use it leaning out as if in a car and the inside wheel commonly raises in the air. This leaning out will occur on any trike though as he has had those in the past as well. But the Voyager kit comes off in 5 minutes (I think with 2 big bolts. The people in IL were great to him as he drove teh bike down 2 hours and they installed it and taught him how to Drive it. He seems to like it buit it takes some getting used to to change from 2 wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rear Shock Bolt

Did you trike your bike.......I lost my Rear Shock Bolt on my VTX 1300... Anyone have one? I am in Yuma AZ now.
Thanks Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts