Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some info on a potential trip to S Florida. I want to go to say Key West, but a man has to know his limits.

I am deploying in Februrary and I want to take my wife on a 4-7 day trip. We've been to PCB many times but I havn't been to S FL before. So I am looking to probably trailer my bike down, spend a weekish down wherever, and pretty much do nothing but hang out at the beach or take in local sceneries depending on weather.

Any pointers for me to start researching? I'm into historical type stuff so if any of that is to be found I could dig it.

Thanks ya'll.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
While in South Florida(Miami) make a stop in South Beach, maybe for late lunch, the scenery :D:D on the weekends can be pretty amazing;). Also, while in Miami have taste of Cuban coffee(you'll be wired for the rest of the day) and maybe a cuban sandwich(media noche). Heading down into the Keys, I have always like the area around Islamorada, check out the Tarpon at Robbie's and Worldwide Sportsmen. Work your way down to Key West, lots to see there. Could be a little bit of traffic heading down into the keys late Friday afternoon and coming back on Sunday afternoon but nothing too bad.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great! Idea...

When you comming down on I-95 check St. Agustine Awesome!!! Then of course take I-4 East and Check Daytona Beach... There is also a great ride in Titusville also on I-95... Key West? Also Worth it!!! FUN!!! .... Ride Safely!!! :thumbup:

I'm looking for some info on a potential trip to S Florida. I want to go to say Key West, but a man has to know his limits.

I am deploying in Februrary and I want to take my wife on a 4-7 day trip. We've been to PCB many times but I havn't been to S FL before. So I am looking to probably trailer my bike down, spend a weekish down wherever, and pretty much do nothing but hang out at the beach or take in local sceneries depending on weather.

Any pointers for me to start researching? I'm into historical type stuff so if any of that is to be found I could dig it.

Thanks ya'll.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts