Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I know I'm gonna catch a lot of flack for this but, here goes. Does anyone know of or has anyone installed a true cruise control on their X?

I have a throttle lock already and was looking for a true cruise control that would maintain speeds going up and down hills.

Planman

·
Registered
70 Posts
I assume you're refering to an electronic cruise. I've never seen one for a bike, but......... Anyway, I think that I would try one for a car. I assume that it would work. The only trouble is, where would you mount it.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
I've seen one, and someone on one of these boards just got one a month or two ago, I think it was close to a grand for it. I'll see if I can find it again but don't hold your breath. :wink:

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
planman said:
Yeah, I know I'm gonna catch a lot of flack for this but, here goes. Does anyone know of or has anyone installed a true cruise control on their X?

I have a throttle lock already and was looking for a true cruise control that would maintain speeds going up and down hills.

Planman
Try a car...

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I own a bike with an excellent automated cruise control. It maintains a rock steady speed. It takes its "set speed" with no lag or over/under shoot. It is flawlessly integrated. But that is my Gold WIng. I have no idea if that could be adapeted to a VTX.

prs

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Bruce. I'd been looking at the mccruise online and I wondered if anyone had one. Think I'll call or email the Xer who is a dealer and ask a few questions. I ride with a coupla guys who have Harleys (I try not to hold that against them.) and their cruises work great.

I wondered how long it would take for someone to suggest that I drive a car. :lol:

planman

·
Registered
350 Posts
McCruise Cruise Control

Here's the response that I received from McCruise's Australia office a couple of weeks ago--March 25, 2005--when I asked if the VTX 1300 could be retrofitted with the McCruise electronic cruise control. A model for the VTX 1800 is already available.

Hi Danny,

We are only a few weeks away from having a 'universal' cruise control kit now. If you are a capable home mechanic as many bikers are - then you will be able to install our kit. The most difficult part of that installation will be making the bracket to mount the actuator for the cruise under the gearbox in front of the rear wheel. There is a good size hole there, but we have never designed a model-specific bracket because we haven't had a bike. we had hoped the VTX1800 kit would fit, but the bikes are too different. The cost will be about $800AUD - about $620USD with the current exchange rate - shipped to your door. We don't suggest you get these fited by a dealer - it would take too long. It would be a weekend project for a capable mechanic.

Best regards,

Tony

(Tony Guymer)
MotorCycle Setup Pty. Ltd.
6 Kingston Street
Mount Waverley
Victoria Australia 3149
Ph. +61 3 9808 2804 Fax +61 3 9808 2445
email: [email protected] Web site: www.mccruise.com www.quadcruise.net

1 - 8 of 8 Posts