Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I just bought a 2003 VTX1300S and I can't stand the Aero/retro fenders on it. What I'd like to know is whether or not I can buy oem front and rear 1300C fenders (the shorter ones) and swap them out without too much trouble. I've seen some people discuss this online but haven't gotten a solid answer yet. I would really appreciate some info on this if anyone knows, as well as if anyone has found workable aftermarket fenders that work as well. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
545 Posts
The fenders will swap over, however, you will have to replace the rear fender grab rails from a "C" as well. Different spacing from the 2nd bolt to the rear most bolt if not mistaken. By changing out the rails, you also have to switch to a "C" rear seat, because the rear seat from an R/S/T will not fit on a bike with rear "C" fender and grab rails. Not trying to talk you out of it, just letting you know what you are getting into. I agree with you on the fenders, that is why I bought a "C" .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fenders will swap over, however, you will have to replace the rear fender grab rails from a "C" as well. Different spacing from the 2nd bolt to the rear most bolt if not mistaken. By changing out the rails, you also have to switch to a "C" rear seat, because the rear seat from an R/S/T will not fit on a bike with rear "C" fender and grab rails. Not trying to talk you out of it, just letting you know what you are getting into. I agree with you on the fenders, that is why I bought a "C" .
Thank you for the reply and info! Yeah if I hadn't rushed to buy a bike I would've waited for a good deal on the C instead.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thank you for the reply and info! Yeah if I hadn't rushed to buy a bike I would've waited for a good deal on the C instead.
Or you could ride this one until you find a good deal on a "C". It won't be cheap buying and shipping fenders. Shipping on a rear fender will run around $100-130 plus the fender. maybe cheaper to buy a "C" and take a loss selling the "S". With the "C" you get cast aluminum wheels, no spokes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or you could ride this one until you find a good deal on a "C". It won't be cheap buying and shipping fenders. Shipping on a rear fender will run around $100-130 plus the fender. maybe cheaper to buy a "C" and take a loss selling the "S". With the "C" you get cast aluminum wheels, no spokes
Yes for sure. I was actually already looking around on fb. Might just do that! Didn't realize how hard it would be to find parts for it and the cost associated. Got a great deal on my S, so I could probably break even and snag a C for about the same price

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Hey all,
I just bought a 2003 VTX1300S and I can't stand the Aero/retro fenders on it. What I'd like to know is whether or not I can buy oem front and rear 1300C fenders (the shorter ones) and swap them out without too much trouble. I've seen some people discuss this online but haven't gotten a solid answer yet. I would really appreciate some info on this if anyone knows, as well as if anyone has found workable aftermarket fenders that work as well. Thanks in advance!
I have an 1800S; the fenders don't inspire me, but I put up with them

You could do this, buy a kit. To me this looks great.:)

·
Registered
489 Posts
The "C" seat is all one piece and known to be one of the best torture devices in the worldo_O :mad: Check Evil-bay for used fenders from a C -- seen some recently for a fair price. Post a "would like to buy" thread. Several have switched to something else and probably have what you're after.
I put the "R" fender from an 1800 on my C, needed it to go with that low and long look with a front rake. My C rear fender got trashed a little, so its gone.
I'd have to recommend an Ultimate seat with backrest, just to get started. Ultimate breaks down what they sell so you can space it out. Once you ride with a backrest --- you wonder why it took so long (y)

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have an 1800S; the fenders don't inspire me, but I put up with them

You could do this, buy a kit. To me this looks great.:)

Yeah man I feel that. Very true, I was looking at those earlier today.. biggest drawback for me with the kits is the inability to put on a passenger seat if I wanted to. Thank you for the suggestion tho!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The "C" seat is all one piece and known to be one of the best torture devices in the worldo_O :mad: Check Evil-bay for used fenders from a C -- seen some recently for a fair price. Post a "would like to buy" thread. Several have switched to something else and probably have what you're after.
I put the "R" fender from an 1800 on my C, needed it to go with that low and long look with a front rake. My C rear fender got trashed a little, so its gone.
I'd have to recommend an Ultimate seat with backrest, just to get started. Ultimate breaks down what they sell so you can space it out. Once you ride with a backrest --- you wonder why it took so long (y)
Lol good to know!! Gotcha. Will definitely check out the suggestions!

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I would feel comfortable doing it as the following. .

Cut the R/S fender to C length .

R/S has a ridge which the C does not have.

It will look the same but not identical to a C fender.

Allows for 2 comfortable seats.

If you're happy with bar hopper , you'll have some long haul discomfort.:)

Auto part Automotive exterior Line art Automotive window part Automotive lighting
Auto part Automotive brake part Automotive window part Automotive exterior Automotive engine part

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
The 'C' backend doesn't give me rapid pulse either.:)

If it was mine, I'd hack the frame horns off at the shock mounts, weld in my own frame loop

with less clearance between the tire and inner fender.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Motorcycle

And.....ditch the chrome left and right chrome outer grab rail.

:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.