Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tsukayu Hardbags with LEDs installed. Sorry didn't get pics of leds but they are very bright! Went with a shop for install and a good thing since some of the hardware was off, or didn't fit at all. The installer spent about 4 solid hours dialing these in. Also had some Lindby highway bars installed. They are visually appealing but the little rubber rings for the foot Pads can actually cause ur foot to slip right off (dangerous? ) I probably won't be using those and just get some bar mounted pegs to add on. Two more weeks till my 6x9 batwing fairing comes!!

2013-07-26 21.22.44.jpg
2013-07-26 21.21.06.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
RE:

I was JUST on the phone with those guys yesterday! I lost a bag on the highway and need to find good replacement units. I wanted to know if anyone heard of these (or could recommend a good set that will hold a half helmet). Did you get the Patrol or Coner units? I really like them but the wait time is a little much. I may get a plain set to last until Fall and then pull the trigger on those ones.
By the way... Hi, my name is Mike and I'm a new member ('09 VTX1300C).

·
Registered
419 Posts
looks great!

Double check the hardware on the hinges, and make sure the nuts are tightened. One rider lost a lid on the highway, and found that the nuts had worked loose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are the patrol bags with leds, not extended.

I have skid lid half helmet that fits pretty good.

I have already had the hardware loosen and I plan to use locktite to hold things together.

Wait time for the bags was 5 weeks or so. Ordered my fairing at the same time and still waiting.

Stock turn signals will not work at stock length and need to be shorted or removed. I'm looking for some rubber caps to fill holes.

Hope I hit all the questions.

·
Registered
707 Posts
They look awesome. I have a set on the way (waiting for the UPS guy right now actually). I'm going to Loc-tite my fasteners before my first ride since you apparently can't get individual replacement parts for these bags, which doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Bags look great.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Looking good

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
damn all this talk about baggers lately has me thinkin about pullin mine out of the shed and painting them to match the bike . make mine a chopped bagger ?? whatca think??

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Missing Lid

I have a set of the ones made specifically for the 1800R and have loved them; that is until I had a lid blow off two weeks ago which was never found. Just contacted the company about ordering a replacement lid and they won't sell me one, want me to order a whole bag for over half the cost of ordering a new pair. Not sure what I am gonna do for now except ride with a lidless bag.

I know my fault for not making sure the nuts were tight, have had the bags for over 2 years now, and let the maintenance on that bag slip. Just sucks that you can't order a replacement lid. :(

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I have a set of the ones made specifically for the 1800R and have loved them; that is until I had a lid blow off two weeks ago which was never found. Just contacted the company about ordering a replacement lid and they won't sell me one, want me to order a whole bag for over half the cost of ordering a new pair. Not sure what I am gonna do for now except ride with a lidless bag.

I know my fault for not making sure the nuts were tight, have had the bags for over 2 years now, and let the maintenance on that bag slip. Just sucks that you can't order a replacement lid. :(
I could have swore that someone just did...I think titanium X did..he lost one also I believe it was him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts