Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what bulbs fit the F model VTX. Are they the same as those in the other models. I went to order some LED replacements online and I ordered both the 1156 and 1157 styles. On both sets, the little "stubs" that lock the bulb in were directly across from each other. On the bulbs on my VTX, the "stubs" were about a 50* angle from each other. Does anyone know what style of bulb this is? I want to get rid of that amber bulb under the clear lens and put some LED's in there to match my brake light without giving Kuryakyn all of my money. :roll:

Thanks,
Mike

·
Super Moderator
64,003 Posts
It should tell you what type lamp in your owners manual. 8)

Well, I guess I'm wrong. It isn't listed in my OM, so it is likely not in yours either.

·
Super Moderator
64,003 Posts
The only other thing I could offer is to take one of the lamps to the local NAPA or other auto parts stores and math your lamp base with one at the staore. 8)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The auto parts store said they could not find anything that matched the numbers on this bulb. I guess this is a ploy by Honda to make more money selling us THEIR bulbs that only fit THEIR bike. I know my '04 1300 had the regular 1156 and 1157 bulbs. Are all of the '05 models going with this uncommon bulb? Anyone know?

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
edited and expanded

Honda Parts fiche for 2005 VTX1800F says

Honda
Part Number: 33301-S04-004
Description: BULB, FR. (12V 21W)

Note that the parts fiche say same bulb is used
front and rear.

They are very different from early VTX turn signal bulbs:

Front bulb 2002-2004 (1157) Honda Part# 34906-447-711
Rear bulb 2002-2004 (1156) Honda Part # 34908-634-611

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coyote7864 said:
Honda Parts fiche for 2005 VTX1800F says

Honda
Part Number: 33301-S04-004
Description: BULB, FR. (12V 21W)

Note that the parts fiche say same bulb is used
front and rear.
Yeah, but I do beleive this is a different bulb that what is used in the previous VTX models. In the other models, you could go to an auto parts store, or even Wal-Mart, and pick up an 1156 or 1157 and put them in. The only place I have been able to locate a number for my bulb is Honda.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I figured. Guess I will go ahead and rip them big A$$ things off and get some LED Silver Bullets from Kury.

Anyone want to buy some housings with clear lenses for their C or R? :D

Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
LED's

I just installed a Kuryakyn "run-stop-turn" module (#4610) in my 08 VTX-1800F. We're legally required to change the amber lights to red in this modification. So I bought a pair of red 1156 LED's from PEP boys and what I did was "file off" ONE of the "negative posts" (File them off just enought that the bulb slides into the socket snugly and twist the bulb so that the remaining side post secures the bulb in the socket).

It worked for me.

However, you'd need to install a "load equalizer" because the LEDs will blink rapidly ... reason being is that LEDs use less current than the supply of the designated circuit. The Kuryakyn module I installed came prewired and came with a free load equalizer if installer decides to go the LED route. Good luck

·
Registered
132 Posts
They are European bulbs 7507(BAU 15s) and 7225(BAZ 15d) this link has bulbs scroll down about 80% to the right bulbs(http://autolumination.com/bmw/1156_1157.htm) The F uses 7507 amber front & red back.
Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
They are European bulbs 7507(BAU 15s) and 7225(BAZ 15d) this link has bulbs scroll down about 80% to the right bulbs(http://autolumination.com/bmw/1156_1157.htm) The F uses 7507 amber front & red back.
Hope this helps!!
the 7507 bulbs have the bayonets offset at an angle though, not 180° apart.

I am replacing the front and rear turn signals with clear lenses.

I need amber bulbs with chrome appearance for the F & R, I have a 2006 so the rear signal filament bulbs the bayonets are parallel / level with each other, the fronts are offset dual filament.

going to the autoparts store today to see what they have, otherwise I'll search online to find them (unless someone already knows the answer to this)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I am curious as to what you find out. Please let us know.

·
Registered
141 Posts
from what I understand, the dual filament bulbs are supposed to have an offset bayonet to differentiate them from a single filament bulb.

·
Registered
132 Posts
the 7507 bulbs have the bayonets offset at an angle though, not 180° apart.

I am replacing the front and rear turn signals with clear lenses.

I need amber bulbs with chrome appearance for the F & R, I have a 2006 so the rear signal filament bulbs the bayonets are parallel / level with each other, the fronts are offset dual filament.

going to the autoparts store today to see what they have, otherwise I'll search online to find them (unless someone already knows the answer to this)
If you go to my link and scroll down they have the 1156 1157 bulbs with the chrome/red or chrome/amber, put these on my c only had to use the european style to fit my 03 C

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I used kuryakyn's 4620 It's a PR21W bulb. Red but not LED. $13.99 each

1 - 18 of 18 Posts