Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you use used turn signal mirrors? How do you like them? What brand did you purchase?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 1300C and installed the Rivco's on the original handlebars. I now have them on some Drag Specialties handlebars. The are pricey, but appear to be very high quality and I expect them to last. My experience is that they do vibrate more than the original mirrors on my bike, especially the one mounted to the front brake reservoir.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I have had the Rivco's mentioned above on my '05N for several years now & still love them!!!! I haven't noticed any unusual vibes in mine, guess it depends on the bike.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
I've owned 2 pairs of KuryAkyn turn signal mirrors over the years and and they worked great. I sold the last set and am rebuilding my bike and decided to go with Rivco turn signal mirrors this time around. They were more than the Kuryakyns bit they have a small flasher on the driver side of the mirror that lets you know the signals are on. Plus I just wanted something different than I had before lolol. www.PhatPerformanceParts.com had the best price $212 everyone else was $249. Since I just ordered them last week I'll have to wait to do a review of them until I get them mounted.

OH! No matter which brand you decide to get order them with the "convex" glass. "Flat" glass mirrors are worthless on a bike because the bike's vibration distorts everything in them beyond recognition.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've owned 2 pairs of KuryAkyn turn signal mirrors over the years and and they worked great. I sold the last set and am rebuilding my bike and decided to go with Rivco turn signal mirrors this time around. They were more than the Kuryakyns bit they have a small flasher on the driver side of the mirror that lets you know the signals are on. Plus I just wanted something different than I had before lolol. www.PhatPerformanceParts.com had the best price $212 everyone else was $249. Since I just ordered them last week I'll have to wait to do a review of them until I get them mounted.

OH! No matter which brand you decide to get order them with the "convex" glass. "Flat" glass mirrors are worthless on a bike because the bike's vibration distorts everything in them beyond recognition.
Maybe I missed something when I purchased mine, but are you saying that the Rivco's come in two types, with convex or flat glass and you specify which one you want when you order them? I don't recall seeing that option when I purchased my set last year, but that might explain the blurred images. Or it could just be something about the tuning of my bike that has it vibrating more than normal.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Maybe I missed something when I purchased mine, but are you saying that the Rivco's come in two types, with convex or flat glass and you specify which one you want when you order them? I don't recall seeing that option when I purchased my set last year, but that might explain the blurred images. Or it could just be something about the tuning of my bike that has it vibrating more than normal.
I can't swear to it but I think all the Rivcos come with convex glass. I know the Kuryakyns have a flat or convex option.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
I can't swear to it but I think all the Rivcos come with convex glass. I know the Kuryakyns have a flat or convex option.
I have them built into the mirrors on my fairing. Love losing the from mirror stems AND turn signal lollypops

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
I have them built into the mirrors on my fairing. Love losing the from mirror stems AND turn signal lollypops
Wngd I saw those when I was looking for new mirrors. Man those are nice you need to do an album in your profile so we can see more pics of your bike :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts