Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in the Nashville Tennessee Area has the Ultimate Big Boy seat and pillion? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger but I'd like to see one up close and personal and maybe even try the "fit".

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK...

Is there anyone within 3 hours of Nashville with an Ultimate Big Boy that I can look at and sit on?

·
Registered
641 Posts
My 3-piece Big Boy set got here yesterday. I haven't had time to change them out yet, plus I've got to go buy some hex-head wrenches. You're welcome to try it out when I get them changed. It's around 3 hours exactly from my house to around the Nashville airport.

Mark

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MotorMark said:
My 3-piece Big Boy set got here yesterday. I haven't had time to change them out yet, plus I've got to go buy some hex-head wrenches. You're welcome to try it out when I get them changed. It's around 3 hours exactly from my house to around the Nashville airport.

Mark
Hey Mark,
I'm headed to Knoxville to the Orange and White game this weekend. Do you think you might have it on by then? I also have a son at UT so I'm up that way often.

p.s. - I've got the wrenches.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I hope to have the seats on by Saturday morning. My work schedule is sucking this week!

Mark

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MotorMark said:
I hope to have the seats on by Saturday morning. My work schedule is sucking this week!

Mark
Mark,
PM me if you're going to be around this weekend. I'm in Knoxville all weekend for the Orange and White game at Neyland.
Thanks,
Tennhomr

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Tennhome,
I bought the Ultimate Bigboy 4 piece studded seat about 3 months ago. Of all the investments I've made to the bike, the seat was by far the best choice. I put 540 miles on her 2 Saturdays ago....when I got off that evening....no tired butt or back. No tingling in the legs whatsoever.

I hope to be moving to Nashville soon.....

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kjelders said:
Tennhome,
I bought the Ultimate Bigboy 4 piece studded seat about 3 months ago. Of all the investments I've made to the bike, the seat was by far the best choice. I put 540 miles on her 2 Saturdays ago....when I got off that evening....no tired butt or back. No tingling in the legs whatsoever.

I hope to be moving to Nashville soon.....
Thanks for the words Kevin. Nashville is a great place to live. My wife's a realtor if you want to look at homes in the future ( I know, a crass, commercial message.) :lol: :roll: :lol: But she really is a great realtor.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
I've got the 4-piece Ultimate LowRider setup alongwith 6" risers. I'm 6'2" 205#'s and I love mine. I am well aware that some like the 1" higher than stock and the more rearward sitting arrangement; however, I had a Mustang 3-piece and I found the 1" lower than stock and slightly forward (but, no more so than the Mustang) more matched my preferred position. My Mom's in Stallworth Rehab @ the Vandy Medical Center and I've been up every Sunday evening through Tuesday mid-day for the past 4 weeks and I have done the trip on my scooter a few times (in fact, I will again this coming weekend), so, if you want to see this one, let me know...I stay at her apartment in Bellevue on 70S.

Here are a couple of pics for what it's worth to you.. http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5dc25b3127cce9fbf5c8cd83300000016108AcOGTdw2ZtK

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5df37b3127cce9fbf5c84749e00000016108AcOGTdw2ZtK

·
Registered
641 Posts
Tennhome, I made the switch this morning. Took about 30 minutes to take off the 3 stock pieces and replace them with the Ultimate. Couldn't have been easier!

Do you know where the Honda shop is in Knoxville on Clinton Highway? If so, you could meet me there Saturday morning. They're having a big 1-day sale/service special/giveaway deal from 9-5. I plan to be there at 9am to get my oil changed (1/2 price) and a couple of other adjustments made. You could check out the seats there. Just let me know.

ps-I have to be at work at 2, thus the early arrival at the shop

Mark

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Thanks for the words Kevin. Nashville is a great place to live. My wife's a realtor if you want to look at homes in the future ( I know, a crass, commercial message.) But she really is a great realtor.
I'll keep that in mind Tennhome....Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
I saw the seat YEA!!!!!!!!!

Motormark
Thanks for the heads up on where you were this morning. I got to see the seat. Looks goooood! Wish I could have meet you but in a showroom full of riders it's hard to pick you out :(
Did you get to see the X rider with the orange 18 C ? Lots of work and it looked sweet. Just seem to like VTX's in general :D :D Go figure- LOL

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hi Tiki, yeah I saw the orange bike. That thing was HOT! I'm really diggin' the Ultimate-it makes the difference that everyone said it would.

Mark

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MotorMark said:
Tennhome, I made the switch this morning. Took about 30 minutes to take off the 3 stock pieces and replace them with the Ultimate. Couldn't have been easier!

Do you know where the Honda shop is in Knoxville on Clinton Highway? If so, you could meet me there Saturday morning. They're having a big 1-day sale/service special/giveaway deal from 9-5. I plan to be there at 9am to get my oil changed (1/2 price) and a couple of other adjustments made. You could check out the seats there. Just let me know.

ps-I have to be at work at 2, thus the early arrival at the shop

Mark
Mark,
Sorry. I didn't have internet access in the cabin. Just read your message. I'll be coming up in a few weeks to move my son out of the dorm. I give you a shout if you don't mind.
Tennhome

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
POGOGOLF said:
I've got the 4-piece Ultimate LowRider setup alongwith 6" risers. I'm 6'2" 205#'s and I love mine. I am well aware that some like the 1" higher than stock and the more rearward sitting arrangement; however, I had a Mustang 3-piece and I found the 1" lower than stock and slightly forward (but, no more so than the Mustang) more matched my preferred position.
Pogo,
I like the lowrider position but I'm in the 250lb class. Ultimate recommends the bigboy. Do you think the lowrider would work?

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Tennhome said:
POGOGOLF said:
I've got the 4-piece Ultimate LowRider setup alongwith 6" risers. I'm 6'2" 205#'s and I love mine. I am well aware that some like the 1" higher than stock and the more rearward sitting arrangement; however, I had a Mustang 3-piece and I found the 1" lower than stock and slightly forward (but, no more so than the Mustang) more matched my preferred position.
Pogo,
I like the lowrider position but I'm in the 250lb class. Ultimate recommends the bigboy. Do you think the lowrider would work?
I think you'd like the LowRider's lower seat position, however, as the great "philosopher" Kramer once said, "My puppies need a home!" Due to your size, the BigBoy's probably the better choice. JMHO. In either case, you won't be sorry, Des makes a GREAT seat outta the stock pan!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I also looking to change out the stock "brick" to a Bigboy or a wide Mustang. I'm 6'4" and 250, so I'll be watching this post.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts