Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone with a 2005 or later VTX 1800C have an Ultimate seat on their bike?
I just called Ultimate to order a Bigboy for my 2005 and was told by a young lady that Ultimate does not make a seat for the 2005 because of the changes in design but should be making them later in the year.
I'm bummed! Been waiting months to scrape enough pennies together to get another Ultimate and then I'm told they don't make 'em.
If anyone does have one on their 2005 1800C could you let me know if you have/had any problems with fit?

Thanks, Hoppy

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had the same response when I called except I was told that they had no plans to make one, this was about 6 months ago mind you.

As a result I got a hold of mustang who said their seat would fit my bike just find and it does. There's a bit of a gap along the front sides where it doesnt' quite meet up with the tank but unless you know what you're looking for you'd never see it and you sure can't see it with me on the bike.

Having just put 1122km on my bike on Saturday when I decided I wanted to ride in the mountains I can say that there's no way anyone is going to get me to trade my mustang for anything else.

So the moral of this is I would recommend going with a mustang since their seat will fit your bike just fine. Take a look at my sig post.

But of course YMMV.

STU

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have the ultimate big boy on my 05 R model,dont see why they cant get U one for the C.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
crm2 said:
I have the ultimate big boy on my 05 R model,dont see why they cant get U one for the C.
Slightly different tank on the C in '05. The seat doesn't butt up against it exactly the same. Des hasn't had a test bike to work with, and he won't send anything out the door that doesn't fit right.

I went into a deep depression last winter when I found out that Ultimate wasn't going to have a seat for us this year. Then I heard about Mean City Cycles.
http://www.meancitycycles.com/

BadX is a member of this board, and that's his outfit. He's a class act, and he does great work. I got his memory foam mod, and I can't say enough good things about it. I had an Ultimate on my 1300, but I like this mod so much that I have no intentions of looking for anything else now.

Search the board for MeanCity or Mean+City; you should get plenty of hits, and you'll be hard pressed to find a bad review among them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the looks of the Mustang seats but I have heard from some that they are no more comfortable than stock but then others swear by them (like you) so I've really been undecided agout the Mustang.
I had a corbin on my 2002 1800C and really wasn't that impressed with it. It was more comfortable than the stock but it was nowhere as comfortable as the Ultimates I had on my Valkyrie and Road Stars.

As for the Mean City mods....is that one in your sig pic? I'd really like to get a seat that looked different than stock too, plus I want studs on it too. Not saying there is anything wrong with the looks of your seat, I just want some design to mine. I'm going to check out the Mean city mods and see if there is something I like although my main concern is comfort and a backrest that doesn't need the pillion to be attached.
I have talked with Des a couple of times in the past and I can certainly believe that he doesn't want anything to leave his shop that isn't right.
Thanks guys for the input.

Hoppy

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Dude, if you're under 6'0 you will LOVE THE MUSTANG!!!!

I had one, but I sold it. I'm 6'1 and 270...wanted to be down and back...it sat me a touch forward for my liking but it's COZY!!!!

BUT....if you can go w/out your seat for a couple of weeks....BADX is the way to go for the money. You can NOT beat his work, the comfort and THE PRICE!!

Just my .02 -

tjk

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<< The seat doesn't butt up against it exactly the same. Des hasn't had a test bike to work with, and he won't send anything out the door that doesn't fit right. >>

I can't believe that someone up Des' way hasn't volunteered their 2005 or newer 1800C so Des could make a seat for the newer "C's". I'm sure he would give them a free seat for their time. at least that's the way it usually works in the motorcycle industry. If he was closer to California I'd be waiting on his doorstep.
I sure am going to hate buying something else but I have to have a backrest (bad back).
Maybe it will work out for the best and I'll really like the Mustang.
I guess that is the way I'll end up going.

Hoppy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.