Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure that it has been asked already, but how does the Ultimate solo seat compare to say a Corbin, Mustang? Any custom seat fabricators that you would recommend?

Also any opinions on the Hard Chrome 2-1 Sideburners? I have a pair of V & H Longshots, but want something different?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had a Corbin Hollywood Solo, and now have an Ultimate... I loved the Corbin. I really looked "Sleek" and added to the lines of my Bike. It was great for short rides, but, was VERY Firm... First hour ride I took, it got VERY hard. I recently bought an Ultimate, and it is "Head-and-Shoulders" above the Corbin from a Comfort standpoint. It took a little getting used to the "look", after the "sleeker" look of the Corbin. The Ultimate has much more cushion, and is obviously wider than the Corbin. I went ahead and paid $35.00 more for the VTX w/Wings Stitching. Money well spent, it looks great. I mean, after paying $285.00 for the seat, it was going to cost $25.00 to get the "Ultimate" Emblem in Orange, to match my Bike. So, it was actually $10.00 extra for the VTX Emblem, in Orange... Feel free to PM, or Email, if you have any further questions...

As for Pipes, I have HK American Classics, and get compliments on the sound, and look, continuously. I guess I'm just not a 2-into-1 Guy...

·
Registered
246 Posts
i have a corbin hollywood solo. as expensive as it is hard (the fender has more "give"). it looks really nice though! my friend with a "C" has those 2 into 1's and they sound awesome. like an f-14 taking off. i went with the big 3's 'cause he already had the 2 into 1.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the follow up, I have a corbin on another bike, and my feeling is the same in that it is just to darn firm, and with a rear as boney as mine i need a little extra help. The ultamite is probably the direction that I am going to go this time and if it doesn't work out we always have ebay.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I had a Corbin Hollywood Solo and matching tampon...I mean pillion (about as wide as a tampon my wife used to say). For looks only - one HOT seat! The fit was great. Sleek. Sat low and away from the gas tank. I had it for 4000 miles - and neither my a$$ or the seat broke in any.

I bought a used Ultimate. It is very very comfortable. I am still getting used to it pushing me up towards the tank about two inches more than the Corbin. It doesn't look as sexy. But I actually enjoy long rides so much more. The passenger seat is huge - and it is very much appreciated by the mrs. I have found that keeping in mind her comfort, especially with that part of her body, is something I benefit from greatly.

I almost kept the Corbin just for swapping it on for the cool solo look...but figured I wouldn't really use it very often.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am about 6'1" and was a little concerned about the seat pushing me forward to much, and that was why I was considering a Corbin again. I feel a little cramped on the bike already with the stock seat and the forward controls in the stock position.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I bought the ultimate and love it. Four piece set for my retro. I had mine made without logo. I like the plain look of the seat without their logo. I also got the blinker buddy, So MY TURN SIGNALS ARE OFF!

·
Registered
329 Posts
The Ultimate seat does push you up. I am 5'11 and I feel crowded, where as with the Corbin it felt perfect for sitting me back. I would say there is at least a 2" difference from where the Corbin sat me back to the Ultimate sitting me forward. If it weren't for that feeling of being RIGHT UP THERE with the Ultimate, I would rate the seat tops...but it does push you up.

I have read the Mustang puts you back more than the Ultimate and it isnt as hard as the Corbin.

Try to find someone near you who has the seat and try it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts