Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Have read so much about the Ultimate seats that I am looking. I am 5' 9"" and 255 with a 27" or maybe 26 1/2" inseam. Do not really fit either Bigboy or Lowrider. Think Big Boy is way to go. Question, are any of you with either Ultimate on a 1800 Retro (2002) located near Houston. I would appreciate the opportunity to sit on the seat and see how it compares. I have the stock with the Utopia backrest and it is much nicer than the comments I read on site. Thanks.

Oldtimer
Wiley Montana
979-297-5246
Lake Jackson, TX

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a ultimate lowrider on my bike, 03 retro.
My roomate has a big boy on her 04 retro s.
We both have a 36" inseam, she's 6'2" I'm 5'10".
Both seats are confortable.
Mine is a inch lower than stock, her's is an inch taller than stock.
If you want that same leg room as stock, go for the big boy.
I liked the way the low rider met up with the tank, at the sacrifice of leg room.
(both seats push ya forward about 1 inch)
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the Ultimate Bigboy on a 2003 Retro. I live in League City, just south of Clear Lake. More than happy to let you try out my seat. Just let me know.

G

·
0 Posts
You might want to call ultimate and get their reccomendation. I would imagine a big boy may be too big :wink:

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm 6'0" and almost 200 pounds and the bigboy moves me about and inch back and an inch up. That gives me about an extra 1.5" of legroom. Doesn't sound like a lot but it is. The bogboy will definitely cause problems for shorter riders.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I'm weighing in at 210 these days and around 5'11.5" w/ the Lowboy on my Neo. It is Great! No problem w/ leg room or position. I gotta skinny butt & narrow hips, though, FWIW. 8)

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
BillF said:
I'm weighing in at 210 these days and around 5'11.5" w/ the Lowboy on my Neo. It is Great! No problem w/ leg room or position. I gotta skinny butt & narrow hips, though, FWIW. 8)
Pics? I haven't seen a Neo with the Ultimate seat yet.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Sandman333 said:
BillF said:
Pics? I haven't seen a Neo with the Ultimate seat yet.
I'll see what I can do later today - my son gave me his "old" digital camera a few months ago (!) and I haven't yet taken time to learn how to use. If not later, then certainly during the week.

Bill

·
Registered
106 Posts
I ride with Bill F...The bike is " real purdy"! Bill, ya gotta post some close up picks of the engine, risers etc. Lotta chrome and details on his model. Engine is black with ground/finished fins (now if I can only get Bill to polish the fins 8) ) Chrome risers, neat dash (he added a garage door opener...you couldn't even tell, looks factory...oh ya, it's purple!...ok, bill, magneta...JB

·
Registered
196 Posts
Corbin Dual Touring with backrests - the only way to go. It lowers your seating position by about 7 inches - feels like two hands holding your butt.

Good stuff! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
JB40hz said:
I ride with Bill F...The bike is " real purdy"! Bill, ya gotta post some close up picks of the engine, risers etc. Lotta chrome and details on his model. Engine is black with ground/finished fins (now if I can only get Bill to polish the fins 8) ) Chrome risers, neat dash (he added a garage door opener...you couldn't even tell, looks factory...oh ya, it's purple!...ok, bill, magneta...JB
"MIGHTY Magenta," Jay! :p

·
Registered
434 Posts
I just installed the Ultimate Big Boy 4-pc seat Friday and drove 3 hours to a bike rally in Faunsdale. The seat felt great but I'm definitely going to install the 1800 C risers to my 02 1800 Retro.

I'm 190 lbs with a 35" inseam. I would think that you would need the Lowrider but Ultimate would be the ones to ask. I rode for three hours and my butt and back could have kept on riding for many more hours. I did notice that my legs could not hug the tank as easily as before but that is a minor adjustment. With risers and highway pegs, I'll be good to go. Look out Sturgis - no trailering. I just wish I had installed the new seat before my drive to Daytona - 9 hours in the saddle. I definitely recommend the backrest for the driver.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts