Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Show,

Can't offer any feedback, but I gotta tell ya I really like the idea of the Uni-go trailer.......obviously you've watched the videos on their web-site. I just don't know why they're sooooooooo proud of them. They're damn expensive! Plus you gotta buy their trailer hitch............oh well, when I hit the lottery....hehehehehe! 8)

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trippy57 said:
Show,

Can't offer any feedback, but I gotta tell ya I really like the idea of the Uni-go trailer.......obviously you've watched the videos on their web-site. I just don't know why they're sooooooooo proud of them. They're damn expensive! Plus you gotta buy their trailer hitch............oh well, when I hit the lottery....hehehehehe! 8)
Yep, very pricy......................but I likie! I dont care for the Uni hitch, but they do sell an adapter conversion from ball to Uni. I am thinking a Hitch Doc hitch + the adapter + the tourer ought to do me just fine!

Of course, the trailer will be painted Black to match some of my scooters trim. Black, the next fastest color from the fastest...................Titanium!

Show

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Met a dude in Daytona last year that was pulling one. He claimed he doesn't even know it's there, till he has to back up.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I don't have one, but a buddy does.

Plus... very high quality, pulls like a dream, small enough to roll through a hotel room door.

Minus... expensive, doesn't hold as much as other cargo trailers, weird shape makes it difficult to pack and if you need something on the bottom you just about have to unload the whole thing, uses funky hitch which is a must have, with a ball it will fall over.

Jack

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I pull the unigo trailer. I've had it since 04. I have logged over 20,000 miles with it. As far as the hitch goes, I had one made at dauntless motors. The receiver part of the hitch is mounted inside the fender. The actual hitch is removable. When the hitch is removed, you can't tell there is a hitch on the bike. The only drawback with the hitch is that you cannot use a tire wider than stock.
Once you get enough practice, backing up is no big deal. Mine is black with all the hardware and wheel being chrome. I have also customized it by fabricating a retro fender and lighting so it matches my 02 retro.
It's definitly a head turner. Yes it is pricy! But very cool. Large enough to pack what you NEED . Small enough to roll into any motel. Just like luggage on wheels. Water tight and light weight. If it were larger, the wife would fill it. Can't even tell it's back there when going down the road, even thru the twisties. It leans the same as the bike. I've been up to 125 mph with 2up with no problems. As you can tell , I LIKE IT ! :wink:

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
snush said:
I pull the unigo trailer. I've had it since 04. I have logged over 20,000 miles with it. As far as the hitch goes, I had one made at dauntless motors. The receiver part of the hitch is mounted inside the fender. The actual hitch is removable. When the hitch is removed, you can't tell there is a hitch on the bike. The only drawback with the hitch is that you cannot use a tire wider than stock.
Once you get enough practice, backing up is no big deal. Mine is black with all the hardware and wheel being chrome. I have also customized it by fabricating a retro fender and lighting so it matches my 02 retro.
It's definitly a head turner. Yes it is pricy! But very cool. Large enough to pack what you NEED . Small enough to roll into any motel. Just like luggage on wheels. Water tight and light weight. If it were larger, the wife would fill it. Can't even tell it's back there when going down the road, even thru the twisties. It leans the same as the bike. I've been up to 125 mph with 2up with no problems. As you can tell , I LIKE IT ! :wink:
Now thats just about what I was wanting to read and hear about this trailer. Any issues with the wheel bearings? I had heard early on in production, that was an issue!

One last thing, how about some close up pictures if you have time...................real life maybe and inside shot or two...........?

Thanks guys, and ride safe!

Show

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I did have an issue with the bearings at first . Forgot about that. Went thru 2 sets the first 3000 miles. Changed them out with bearings from ALL BALLS. These have been in for over 17000 miles now.
As far as pic's go , I'm very computer retarded,(As my kids say) and have a piece of crap for a computer. I'll see if I can get someone to teach me this week or do it for me. DI DI DAA ! :idea:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
By the way , They are made in the USA now. Had mine shipped in from New Zealand. Now they are in Lebanon ,OH. . Just 30 minutes fron my house

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
By the way , They are made in the USA now. Had mine shipped in from New Zealand. Now they are in Lebanon ,OH. . Just 30 minutes fron my house

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
snush said:
Dont sweat the pictures as I am going to Ohio very soon to see these things in person................................I am in STL, and have already emailed them for availability of the model I want.................... :lol:

Show

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Send me a PM to let me know when you will be comming and you can see mine. I'm still going to try to get pic's posted though.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
5 Cu Ft is not much storage space. WAH and I would never be able to do what we do going to colorado with only that much storage space.

The best advice I can give is to buyt what you want, don't let others decide for you.

Good luck with what ever your choice is.

BTW, WAH and I have an Arizona Model of the Trailmaster Trailers. With 28 cu ft of storage, is the only way to go when you need to take everything but the kitchen sink, but that could fit in ours too if I stow it all correctly.

Tejas

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Last year ,the wife and I rode 9000 miles ,through 23 states. We were in temperatures from 40 deg. to 125 deg. Meaning to say that we had to pack clothing , Leathers, and boots for 31 days. We also packed all the essential personal hygene stuff, and some non essential things like binoculars,etc. .
The Uni-Go has plenty of room for any biking couple , as long as you don't try to take everything you own. If you pack things right, you can load it with camping gear and clothing for a week or two.
Personally, I do not want to be burdened with all the stuff that I've seen people try to pack on a bike.
Just my opinion. :wink:

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, after a few emails that did not get answered from on the Uni-go web site, I made a call yesterday to the dealership in Ohio. Today, I received a return call from a really nice guy named Mike Huffman. I believe he is the owner now.

Anyway, after a lengthly conversation and education of the Uni-go, including its history, in specific the wheel bearing issues, it looks like I am headed out to Ohio not this weekend, but next for a look see. Most prolly will bring one home with me if all the look sees are up to snuff........... :lol:

Yes, I think this trailer is perfect for me, and me only!! I do not have a wife or GF. For that matter, I do not even have back pegs on my scoot anymore............................................I ride alone! I am sure this little trailer will have plenty of room for the stuff I need, to make traveling fairly easy. IE, tent, sleeping bag, clothes, tools, small food and drink cooler, and what ever else may need to go.

Thanks for all the advise on this guys.......................................

Show

·
Old Goat
26,781 Posts
I sure hope you will favor us with some pics. when you get it like you want it. :lol: good luck

1 - 20 of 29 Posts