Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have finally been able to isolate the location of this very small yet annoying oil youleak I've been having every time I park the bike and come back I have been noticing a very small drop on the left side. I took a video showing the location and I am wondering if anyone can chime in as to what can be causing this and how it can be fixed? I have to upload it on to YouTube because I'm unable to upload videos here.I know it could be so many different scenarios however based on the video it looks like it's some sort of seal although I can't be 100% definitive however if someone can isolate this I would greatly appreciate it!

https://youtu.be/Y7snLNgXwek

·
Old Goat
24,774 Posts
I cant really help other than to say excellent camera work...if gurus cant figure it out...certainly not your fault....good luck

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what's confusing me is it looks like the front of the drive shaft cover but the fluid is red which leads me to believe it's my engine oil because I use motul 7100.
I check my oil level almost every day and there's been no variations in level.I'm just really concerned I'm going to have some sort of catastrophic break down eventually.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'll do what your Chicago Spike suggests.
I'll pull the cover off maybe I'll do a quick YouTube video as well and posted here. I think that's the surest way to get the best eyes ears and opinions as to what's happening.
I want to thank all of you ahead of time for all your help.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Problem finally resolved!

After exploring every possibility I finally had to throw in the towel and take it to the shop I deal with. It turns out the speed sensor I put in last year had a faulty o-ring which was the culprit. It cost me forty bucks to fix it and I think it's probably the best $40 I've ever spent! Finally I can ride without having to see those ghastly oil drops after I shut her down. My only regret is not doing this sooner!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts