Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellows. I have a little issue. Had some charging problems and strip my bike ( the left side) because all the test and measurements had send me to the alternator stator whitch was in very bad condition. Also the flywheel was damaged ( see pics) . I was amazed when I found a little bolt pin . My question is: where it came from because I 'm afraid that after I will replace all the broken parts not to happen again. As far as I know, there are only two pin bearing in the motor: the one that the flywheel stays on ( but that one is to little for this pin and it was ok, no pin bolt missing ), and the one from the clutch, but that is too big for the pin bolt I found and also the clutch was running nice and smooth, no problems there .
I have also check all the diagrams from here: https://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/l/hon/5053eed8f870021c54be5533/2003-vtx1800c-a-parts but I have not been able to identify where it might be.
By the way, I have a 2002 1800 VTX C

Any suggestion ?

Please be free to write any ideea where it might be from. Pics will also help a lot.

Many thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Not that familiar with the internals. I wonder if it was a location pin. But kinda small in pic. It looks ugly small.....the first thing popped in my head was a roller from a needle bearing. How big is it, 1/2" long??? 1/8" diameter?? IDK

·
Registered
13,908 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi.
From the alternator, #14 is in very good condition and is not missing any roller from that bearing, and when I put it together for comparison, the needle I found was longer than the needles from that bearing.
Also from the clutch part, the bearing is more wider, from my calculation is too small, also that I didn't feel anything wrong with the clutch, was running smooth as usual.
Although it is possible to be more likely from the Gearshift spindle # 16, in the diagram that bearing dimensions are 14x22x16 ; the 16 is the width of bearing and my needle was 12 mm long so it is a possiblity I will dismount that part too just to inspect .
Thank you .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.