Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I can’t thank you all enough for the great wisdom and expertise on this board. ’04 VTX1300S. While I’m waiting until I have 4 months to make up for my mistakes by trying this stuff myself (this winter), I did have some work done base on the posts from all of you. The bike felt like it was floating and never really gripping the road. In addition to this with my old Dunlops, turning was feeling unstable as well. Solution, new Metz 880 tires. Awesome feel and grip. BTW the tire wear was on the left side. Also had progressive springs put in and new oil for the forks. When I tell you, unreal difference. I’m back to feeling confident on the bike. Oh, and I also changed out the stock bulb to the Sylvania Ultra H4. Much brighter. I know the LED’s and HID’s sound better based on your suggestions, but I don’t ride much at night so no rush to jump in with that. My little push button switch for the running lights just went so I ordered a new switch to wire in. Otherwise, that’s it. Thanks, again for all your posts. Safe riding all. Having a blast.

·
Banned
6,649 Posts
'04 S-------Tell me you got the WW's:lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
'04 S
Hiramsaint, To be honest I forgot to ask him for the ww’s. I was more focused on scheduling the maintenance when I was traveling so I wouldn’t miss a week. I got back looked at the bike and thought of you immediately. You guys are tough holding us accountable like that.

·
Banned
6,649 Posts
'04 S
Hiramsaint, To be honest I forgot to ask him for the ww’s. I was more focused on scheduling the maintenance when I was traveling so I wouldn’t miss a week. I got back looked at the bike and thought of you immediately. You guys are tough holding us accountable like that.
:lol: If the ones you have now hold air and roll, well then that's okay! But come 10-15k miles and I'll be keeping my eye on you.:mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts