Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had an oil leak after my 4000 mile service, could not find it anywhere after looking and looking and contimplating taking to the stealer I decided to check it out one last tim.... checked all the usual spots oil filter, drain plug, shifter linkage everything so I thought... FOUND THE LEAK.. it seems the stealer failed to re-tighten the valve adjustment plug on the front, which at high rpm's caused a slight leak really wasnt noticable to the eye, but I just happen to touch the plug with my fingers and it turned, What the F**K I thought those Bastards, they will never touch my bike again, when I called to Bitch they said , Well the mechanic must have had a bad day...Anyway just wanted to update the forum and thank all those who replied to my request for help finding the leak , thought I was going crazy...
VTX COP
St. Augustine , Fl.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
VTX_COP said:
I recently had an oil leak after my 4000 mile service, could not find it anywhere after looking and looking and contimplating taking to the stealer I decided to check it out one last tim.... checked all the usual spots oil filter, drain plug, shifter linkage everything so I thought... FOUND THE LEAK.. it seems the stealer failed to re-tighten the valve adjustment plug on the front, which at high rpm's caused a slight leak really wasnt noticable to the eye, but I just happen to touch the plug with my fingers and it turned, What the F**K I thought those Bastards, they will never touch my bike again, when I called to Bitch they said , Well the mechanic must have had a bad day...Anyway just wanted to update the forum and thank all those who replied to my request for help finding the leak , thought I was going crazy...
VTX COP
St. Augustine , Fl.
Did the dealer offer any appology or compensation for your trouble? At the very least they should have offered to clean the mess, and change the oil again, to make sure the proper amount of oil is in the engine. Most shops would probably offer a free oil change in the future.... "just to keep your business."

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a word ..they are a bunch of a-holes anyway but thats the last time i go there and word of mouth is the best medicine, I would not recommend the Honda Shop in St. Augustine Fl to anybody

1 - 3 of 3 Posts